Sweating on just one half of my head.

Tonidadley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, For many months now I've noticed that I sweat heavily on just the left side of my head, it's almost as if someone has drawn a line. I have Type 2 diabetes controlled with metformin, sitagliptin and insulin (M3). I sweat a lot anyway but this is something else! I saw my G.P today who said she thinks it's due to the diabetes, maybe Autonomic Neuropathy. Has anyone else experienced this or perhaps someone has some helpful info?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has you Doctor referred you to a expert consultant or given you medication including treatment advice.
When you say "sweat a lot anyway" indicates that you are already taking all the necessary steps to avoid types of clothing, spicy foods etc;
Hope you get plenty of help and advice on this nice forum:):)

Tonidadley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Has you Doctor referred you to a expert consultant or given you medication including treatment advice.
When you say "sweat a lot anyway" indicates that you are already taking all the necessary steps to avoid types of clothing, spicy foods etc;
Hope you get plenty of help and advice on this nice forum:):)

Honestly? the G.P just continued to update my details on the computer as I explained my problem and then said 'How strange....paused......and said she imagined it 'could' be down to the diabetes, some people have neuropathy. That's all she said. Then I had to go upstairs to see the 'Diabetic' Nurse who was much more helpful though she's never heard of such a thing. It was the nurse who suggested I post a message here to see if anyone else has experienced this.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suggest you get a referral to someone who has heard of it, or at least to run some tests, to find out what it isn't
how is your BG? we're good with helping with that here

Reactions: 2 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Honestly? the G.P just continued to update my details on the computer as I explained my problem and then said 'How strange....paused......and said she imagined it 'could' be down to the diabetes, some people have neuropathy. That's all she said. Then I had to go upstairs to see the 'Diabetic' Nurse who was much more helpful though she's never heard of such a thing. It was the nurse who suggested I post a message here to see if anyone else has experienced this.
You must have the same Doctor as my wife,more or less she did the same to wife,(different problem).We had to nicely bypass the doctor by a second visit to find out how my wife could sort out that problem.
Somehow you should get professional advice, might be a idea for a revisit,this time ask her directly to make a appointment for you to visit a expert consultant,actually I believe you have this right.