Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kimbo

Wish you all the best
Mine is long time away as I was diagnosed in August so no a1c before november
Actually its going to be 2 months tomorrow and my last reading was a miserable 140 something, i dont know how good i would be on this a1c but I am not going any further down than these readings I think
I was diagnosed in june and it was my DN who said she would like to do my last one in it which was 6 weeks after nurse practitioner had given me the news, she then said three months after I had the results in July, after this one I'm guessing 6 months at least

Reactions: 4 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.6 before breakfast, must try harder to do when out of bed

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.1 :confused:, better than yesterday but still not where I want to be; apart from being pretty tired at the moment all these numbers vary quite a bit depending on what time you get up and measure so unless you have a rock-steady routine that's another spanner in the works!

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Are you beginning to see the link between your previous evening's and morning readings Ally? In some ways, it's quite comforting that your readings, whilst still a tiny bit higher than ideal, are beginning to show patterns many of us will recognise.

When are you next due a review? I bet this time you can't wait, rather than be dreading it?

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.9 this morning, remembered my 160mg of Glic at dinner last night, it really has made a difference. Feel quite awake instead of groggy and knackered. Can't wait to get the insulin so I can finally have low readings again, my body is starting to show side effects from such high readings for so long.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.9 for me this morning. I'm beginning to feel like a broken record. The worrying thing about that is that people, like my niece, don't really understand what a broken record is or was!! Yes, crumbliedom beckon I suppose. (Yes, that's another word I've made up.)

This morning I have a conference call for a couple of hours, which requires my full concentration, so although I want the courier to deliver my replacement, replacement network component, I'd rather it wasn't in that window. But, I'll cross that bridge, if necessary.

I also have an interesting piece of “due diligence” to get on with today. A friend has asked me to review a business they would like to buy, and it's proving to be a fascinating business and it's exercising my grey matter, quite a bit. It's interesting that my friend and I see some very different things in the balance sheet and supporting documents, and whilst I haven't reached my final conclusions, it reminds me that when we are involved, we don't always see the wood from the trees; especially when the wood and trees are pretty closely packed. It has so many parallels to what we observe and experience on here.

Well, playmates. Play nicely. The rain has stopped here around Planet Breathe, so there may be the opportunity for a bike ride later on.

Life is good.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.9 this morning, remembered my 160mg of Glic at dinner last night, it really has made a difference. Feel quite awake instead of groggy and knackered. Can't wait to get the insulin so I can finally have low readings again, my body is starting to show side effects from such high readings for so long.

Have you thought about setting a daily, repeating alarm, or a reminder on your phone for your meds, Sally? When it goes off, if you're taken then, just tap the screen and switch if off.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning......would have preferred one of my recent 4.9's but I'm ok with it for now! Still a steady range and not going out the 5's all day

Reactions: 10 people

bjsingh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
7.1 this morning, lowest is 6.9 highest is 8.3. I was diagnosed in August. I've lost 2 stone since then. I'm on diet and exercise only. Going for my hba1c test end of October. The only reading I worry about is my morning fasting reading! Should I be worried being in the 7's every morning? At what point would I need medication? I wondered if there was something I could take overnight to get a better morning reading.

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
sleepers last night still didnt go to sleep till nearly 2 am! good news is bs was 7.4 today!!

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

Nor me Paula. Weird night tossing about till 3am. A thread for those who "may be having a rough night" may be a good idea...lol. I eventually got to sleep around 5am. My bg today reflected that. Its awful having such bad nights

Status
Not open for further replies.