Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @jack412...while I was away from forum my readings got so much better as id lost 3 stone and I stopped needing insulin. Although I've kept the weight off .my eating habits slowly got worse until my DN wanted me to go back on insulin...I'm trying lchf first. Yes I've got the go ahead to raise my metformin and with the help of you all on here I may just swing it. I tried low carb about 3 years ago. But not the lchf I'm doing now...got my daytime readings down a treat. My fastings I'm struggling with
you are doing well then :)
I hope the extra metformin helps, I know your LCHF and after tea is ok by what you have posted before. the liver dump is always the last to get fixed.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.6 ?!? Quite a big dinner (chilli con carne, not many beans) and a restless stormy night, but even so not what I need for my blood tests this morning. One reading won't make any difference to an HbA1c mind.

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Thanks Jack. Going to stay on this diet. It suits me so much...amazed at food cravings gone. Bread was my downfall..hardly think about it now. I'm on enough drugs with MS. Really don't want to go back on insulin if I can help it

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning which I'll take as awake with the storms and running along passage to switch off mr Ethyl''s alarm going off as he'd forgotten to switch it off when he'd decided to get up early. ( I'm a dreadful sleeper do we have own rooms!)

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7 for me again this morning. I was quite surprised actually, as I'd had a broken night, ending up watching tv at 3am, then sleeping through until almost 8am. But, some punches are easier to roll with than others.

This morning I was also pleased to see my yoghurt appears to have set overnight, which didn't look likely last night, so another result. I'm sort of trying this out now, as when I'm away, even the simplest of things like yoghurt go into short supply sometimes. This batch was made using Channel Islands milk, so it has a high fat content. Having done that, my next attempt will be using UHT milk, which is what we get when we're away. I know others have done this, but I can't find a thread on it, so I'll just experiment.

The rain is pretty heavy here today, but I got my lawns done yesterday.

Play nicely boys and girls. Life is good. :)

Reactions: 3 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
that 10.1 is my best reading first thing in the morning so that is slowly coming down

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
that 10.1 is my best reading first thing in the morning so that is slowly coming down

Well done All, and I'm so please you're feeling better. It's that feeling better that really persuades us that it's worth sticking with. Undoubtedly, like the rest of us, you'll have "I hate all of this" days that only lusting after something on the banned list will salve, but every day, with every new personal best, my confidence and belief in you gets better.

What was your Mum's reaction to all that's been going on? Is she being supportive? I know it can be difficult for non-sufferers to understand what we need to do.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
mum is getting used to the idea of me being diabetic
yesterday i bought her two cream cakes and none for me
a month ago, i would have caved in and had some cakes as well

Reactions: 14 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done All, and I'm so please you're feeling better. It's that feeling better that really persuades us that it's worth sticking with. Undoubtedly, like the rest of us, you'll have "I hate all of this" days that only lusting after something on the banned list will salve, but every day, with every new personal best, my confidence and belief in you gets better.

What was your Mum's reaction to all that's been going on? Is she being supportive? I know it can be difficult for non-sufferers to understand what we need to do.
It certainly is the feeling better that spurs us on! 14 weeks in and I love my lchf regime and it doesn't bother me on but when I do the shopping and get bits for my two teenage daughters that are no longer to my requirements!! Even at work we are currently being given tins and boxes of chocolates as an end of season thank you from the regular guests and van owners.......and I just smile and pass on my share to colleagues in the office, knowing what I'm doing is working!!

Reactions: 11 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mum is getting used to the idea of me being diabetic
yesterday i bought her two cream cakes and none for me
a month ago, i would have caved in and had some cakes as well
Go ally!! You are doing so well!!

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 before dinner
4.8 after
woke up to 5.5

constant 4's and 5's all weekend, i was looking at the meter and average is about 5.1, 5.2
Looking forward to next a1c in approximately one month

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.5 before dinner
4.8 after
woke up to 5.5

constant 4's and 5's all weekend, i was looking at the meter and average is about 5.1, 5.2
Looking forward to next a1c in approximately one month
I've stayed in the 5's recently too brettsza and having 4's too.....got my 3 month hbA1c 22nd this month, I had dropped from to 61 to 53 in 6 weeks at my last one in July so am expecting a good drop again? Really hoping to get under 47 if possible !!

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've stayed in the 5's recently too brettsza and having 4's too.....got my 3 month hbA1c 22nd this month, I had dropped from to 61 to 53 in 6 weeks at my last one in July so am expecting a good drop again? Really hoping to get under 47 if possible !!

Hi Kimbo

Wish you all the best
Mine is long time away as I was diagnosed in August so no a1c before november
Actually its going to be 2 months tomorrow and my last reading was a miserable 140 something, i dont know how good i would be on this a1c but I am not going any further down than these readings I think

Status
Not open for further replies.