Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @ally1

Are you keeping track of your pre and post meal counts as well. In my experience keeping post meal counts to within 2 mmol of pre meal is the best way to see improvements. Maintain this and the fasting level kind of takes care of itself usually.

Well done on the progress so far.

All the best

Pavlos

Reactions: 4 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very good morning to all.
4.0 this morning. "I like the this number" ☺

Reactions: 9 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.7 seems to be settling into a pattern of mid 5s, unless alcohol the night before, is that the way to go. Lol

Reactions: 4 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are positives about being diagnosed with this condition if you can call it that.

I eat healthier than I used to
Exercising is even more important me.
I have an even better awareness about the food I eat and it's effects on my body.

I have found a group of people I know not personally yet when I read their posts I'm encouraged, it's very helpful and I'm not alone.

Thank you all

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A very good morning to all.
4.0 this morning. "I like the this number" ☺

With your medication, and occupation (cabbie?), have you been given clear driving guidance, if you're seeing lows like this? Do you see 4s during the day too?

My numbers are tending to run low at the moment, but I'm not taking any medication (and feel fine, down to 3.4), so please don't think I'm being critical. You seem to have this thing by the throat. :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
mike d my best reading in the morning i think was 11. best pre lunch and pre tea has been 7.9

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
mike d my best reading in the morning i think was 11. best pre lunch and pre tea has been 7.9

Don't do yourself a disservice Ally. Your lowest (post 1099 - I have a scary memory sometimes!) was 10.1, the other day. I think I get more excited than you !!!! :)

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 which was surprising given the poor night's sleep I had- awake till 2 then up twice after that.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 3.8 for me this morning. Again, I was quite surprised as I had a hungry day yesterday where table legs and scabby horses were in danger of being eaten! Suffice to say, my calorie intake was quite a bit more than my usual, but my appetite and bloods demanded it. I'll have to keep an eye on that - not so much because I ate more; I clearly needed that, but more whether there has been a cumulative impact of all the low numbers I've seen of late. Yes, it's another part of the puzzle.

Today I'm a bit undecided about how I'll spend my day. I could do with pruning some shrubs, but the sky doesn't look too great. Otherwise, I may have a clear out of the bureau. Avoidance tactics for that one have been working for quite some time, but I think it might really be calling me today........

Play nicely boys and girls. :)

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@AndBreathe
Hi, firstly let me say I do not think you are being critical but rather helpful.

I was advised to check my BG before driving long distances and the every two hours during the journey.

This I currently do.

I test regularly during the day before and two hours after meals.
In the past 7 days my Average readings are: Before meals 4.2, two hours after meals 5.3

My current weight is 11.7 stones.

Your input is very much appreciated.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe
Hi, firstly let me say I do not think you are being critical but rather helpful.

I was advised to check my BG before driving long distances and the every two hours during the journey.

This I currently do.

I test regularly during the day before and two hours after meals.
In the past 7 days my Average readings are: Before meals 4.2, two hours after meals 5.3

My current weight is 11.7 stones.

Your input is very much appreciated.

Has there been any discussion with your Doc about the potential to adjust your medication, in the light of these improved levels?

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@AndBreathe
Not as yet however I reduced my medication from 120 mg to 80 mg daily as from two days ago.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe
Not as yet however I reduced my medication from 120 mg to 80 mg daily as from two days ago.

Ah, I'm sure that makes all manner of sense. In your situation, driving for a living, you really don't want to be playing too closely, too ofetn in the hypo ranges. It soulds like you have your head very much switched on.

The less Gliclazide you can be on, the less stress your pancreas may be under.

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.1 for me was 9.3 going to bed (which is good for me lately) , so must be the liver thing again. But did have a stupid dream about aliens taking pictures through the window at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.