Blurry Eyes

Kerfuffle

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,
My husband has just been newly diagnosed with diabetes, Type as yet unknown. His eyesight has gone blurry, which DN warned might happen as levels lower. Can snyone advise roughly how long it takes for the blurriness to go?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It depends on how quickly his levels come down, so it varies from person to person, could be a few weeks or a few days, sorry there is no definitive answer, but it will clear.

Kerfuffle

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
It depends on how quickly his levels come down, so it varies from person to person, could be a few weeks or a few days, sorry there is no definitive answer, but it will clear.
Thank you. His levels have come down from 28 last Thursto around the 13/14 mark so hopefully in a few more days they will be back to normal.
Thank you for replying so quickly, it's all a bit new and scary at the moment xx

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.
When I was diagnosed BG was high twenties. About 2 days after they started to come down I woke up wig blurred vision. I was very scared, but it's quite normal as ur eye lens is changing back to normal shape as sugar comes out.

Mine lasted about a week then quite suddenly went back to normal.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
High blood glucose makes the lens of the eyes swell which in turn leads to blurry vision, once bg levels are stabilised his vision should return to normal, how long it will take depends on how quickly he gets his levels down and keeps then there, if he wears glasses don't be forking out for expensive pairs in the mean time, the cheap ones sold in most pharmacies would suffice for now.

Lin 26

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad manners
Bad driving
Greed
Disrespecting others
Bullying
Mine took about 6 months to stabilize. Now ok 99% of the time. But find that they can change within two hours of having something that has raised my levels. Still trial and error. Bit annoying but it does get better.

$ugar daddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Helloo mine took about 3 weeks'
Yep scary as hell took myself straight off to the optician as thought I was going blind.
It will come back rest assured :)

pendlehill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am newly diagnosed, looking forward to the vision in my right eye to return to a more normal view, rather than everything being a blur.

Kerfuffle

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you everyone for your responses. Good to know it should settle down shortly.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
so many scary things happen to us ....it is good this forum brings many things to light to ease peoples worries:):happy: