Bit of a Positive post...for once ha!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello all...you probably all know me because I am moaning about something or the other anyway!! I had my appointment for my back today...and I have the op in about 2-3 months hopefully! For once I am actually quite nervous now as it is such a big operation...and the guy I saw today had 6 fingers!!!
Any how just thought I would update everyone! :)

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

I am gong to say congratulation to you Nicola ....
Last year I had 3 operations yes I was very scarred ..that is me ....but I did it ...even stayed awake during the worst one ...!
You will be so pleased to have the op done it will be a relief ....
Need to plan some nice things to,do while resting and recovering though ....a nice list for your boyfriend will help I think ;) x

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

I am gong to say congratulation to you Nicola ....
Last year I had 3 operations yes I was very scarred ..that is me ....but I did it ...even stayed awake during the worst one ...!
You will be so pleased to have the op done it will be a relief ....
Need to plan some nice things to,do while resting and recovering though ....a nice list for your boyfriend will help I think ;) x

Ah what were they? If you dont mind me asking? I think my main worry is the paralysis risk!! And oh yes!! We will hopefully be in our own place by then too!! Ahh!! x Thank you though :) xx

K

Kat100

Ah what were they? If you dont mind me asking? I think my main worry is the paralysis risk!! And oh yes!! We will hopefully be in our own place by then too!! Ahh!! x Thank you though :) xx
Gall bladder ....and two gyni stomach type ones....
Yes the risk ..and now you will think about all the things that are not so nice ...I always do that ...
Then afterwards I feel very brave and proud of myself ....:). X

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Great news Nichola Anne.
I had a new hip last week and recovering well,I was scared as well.had a spinal knew nothing about it.
There wes two young people having back surgury,that went home after a couple of days like me.

Reactions: 6 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Gall bladder ....and two gyni stomach type ones....
Yes the risk ..and now you will think about all the things that are not so nice ...I always do that ...
Then afterwards I feel very brave and proud of myself ....:). X
I will actually be ******** it! The one thing I keep thinking is what if I do get Paralyzed! My boyfriend was saying today that he hoped that I had the op before we went to Paris in March and then I was thinking no....I want it after....just incase you know I became paralyzed....I didn't tell him that though lol! But I just worry and over think everything!! xx

K

Kat100

You will get through this , worrying is more natural than you realise....
But all in a days work to the team who will be improving your health ....
You should have it done as soon as you can , I have tried those delaying tactics before ...they don't work ;)
What a lovely holiday to look forward to x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck and hope all goes well Nicola, hope the operation brings some relief.

Reactions: 7 people
D

Deleted member 83869

You will get through this , worrying is more natural than you realise....
But all in a days work to the team who will be improving your health ....
You should have it done as soon as you can , I have tried those delaying tactics before ...they don't work ;)
What a lovely holiday to look forward to x

The surgeon said that's how long the wait is!! So just after xmas!! Argh!! haha

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thank you :) I really hope so too! I just want to feel "normal" again not that I can remember what that feels like ha!

I'm sure all will work out fine, it's not nice being in pain & discomfort and it does effect your quality of life, surgery may seem extreme but if it resolves the problem then it's worth it.

iHs

Am pleased that you've now got a date for yr back op Nicola. Make sure now that you do yr best to keep yr bg levels ok so that the op will go ok.

Not sure when you will get a new home to move in to, but take yr mind off the op and start thinking about what
you will need in terms of furniture, bedding, cookware etc. Start going to carboots and look out for bargains....... There's a lot to get hold of.

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Am pleased that you've now got a date for yr back op Nicola. Make sure now that you do yr best to keep yr bg levels ok so that the op will go ok.

Not sure when you will get a new home to move in to, but take yr mind off the op and start thinking about what
you will need in terms of furniture, bedding, cookware etc. Start going to carboots and look out for bargains....... There's a lot to get hold of.

Totally agree. I suspect the op will be about 18 weeks from now, as thats the maximum on the guidelines... I hope for Nicola that it will be sooner.

The 6 fingers for the surgeon made me chuckle!!.. (Not nastily)just wondered if 6 fingers help or hinders when operating?!

Good that you got a brighter future all round Nicola... iHs absolutely right on getting bloods in control and planning for your own place.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Carboots are great.. Freegle is good too.

D

Deleted member 83869

Also, 6 fingers....it made me feel sick lol! And he had a look at my eyes using that hand! I'm such a meanie really!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Allsorts of things springing to mind now!! Looking at your eyes for a back appointment? Wow, thats new to me!

D

Deleted member 83869

Allsorts of things springing to mind now!! Looking at your eyes for a back appointment? Wow, thats new to me!
I mentioned I could be anaemic as he asked about an other conditions and he looked at my eyes and said no more!

K

Kat100

Great news Nichola Anne.
I had a new hip last week and recovering well,I was scared as well.had a spinal knew nothing about it.
There wes two young people having back surgury,that went home after a couple of days like me.
Hope you are feeling much better Patricia ...best wishes Kat