Herbal Tea's

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I like fennel tea and also red bush with vanilla :) They were both recommended to me by people on here.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My favourite is Green Tea, we get ours from Holland & Barrett and the brand is called Double Dragon, it's rather expensive at £1.99 for 20 teabags but well worth it, I try and stock-up when they do the Buy One Get One Half Price offer.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't get enough of peppermint tea and especially double mint tea- peppermint and spearmint oil! Twinnings is always a good bet!

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some of the flavoured Camomile Teas are very nice. Spiced Apple is nice but I especially like Camomile & Speamint.
I have also tried the Sweet Chilli Tea that Holland and Barrett do. It is nicer than it sounds and is very much a Liquorice based tea with a bit of spice.
My wife really likes the Pukka Peppermint and Liquorice Tea, don't know if you've tried that one.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooo camomile and spearmint sounds good- which brands do this flavour?

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am currently drinking a tea made of a mixture of herbs: lemon verbena, rosemary, basil, Melissa and tilla. It's in loose leaf form not in teabags and it's supposed to help lower cholesterol. I do not know how effective it is but it tastes nice.

I sometimes mix aniseed or cinamon with it.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I drink some hibiscus tea every day. Needs a bit of sweetener and it tastes great.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I drink mainly herbal, fruit and lots of redbush tea. Redbush, mint, lavender and echanacha are my favourite. I also like twinings green tea with orange and lotus flower.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink Twinings mango and strawberry, and blackberry and apple all the time at work.

It's funny, but I really resent paying for herb or black tea in a cafe. But I'll happily pay for proper tea with milk, or coffee. Totally illogical!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was offered a choice of herbal teas in bags at a do the the other day and there was a lot of Carbs of which X is sugar so I had coffee instead,

There was no black tea on offer.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was offered a choice of herbal teas in bags at a do the the other day and there was a lot of Carbs of which X is sugar so I had coffee instead,

There was no black tea on offer.

That's weird.
My herb tea bags are nothing but herbs, and only weigh about 2 grams each (at most), so its physically impossible for them to be high carb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's weird.
My herb tea bags are nothing but herbs, and only weigh about 2 grams each (at most), so I its physically impossible for them to be high carb.

Was thinking the same...I've never seen sugar listed on mine...and I even drink a chocolate flavour tea.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Twinnings lemon zest and blackcurrant bracer tea
are my firm favourites .
Even brew them up and leave them to go cold
throw in ice cubes too .
More refreshingly as ice cold I find :)

Reactions: 4 people

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some of the flavoured Camomile Teas are very nice. Spiced Apple is nice but I especially like Camomile & Speamint.
I have also tried the Sweet Chilli Tea that Holland and Barrett do. It is nicer than it sounds and is very much a Liquorice based tea with a bit of spice.
My wife really likes the Pukka Peppermint and Liquorice Tea, don't know if you've tried that one.

I found some camomile and spearmint in the supermarket today- very good!! Thanks for the recommendation

Reactions: 2 people