KeithD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A few
Just thought i would post something up in here after my recent visit to my GP,

I have been LCHF for approaching 3 months, cut out 95% of the starchy carbs that made up a large amount of most of my meals, not as low carb as many of you but what i am doing is currently working for me.
Feel better in general for it, have lost about a stone and a half, (from 16 stone 5 to 14 stone 12)
During the year that is the only major change i have made, it has resulted in me taking considerably less insulin each day than i was before,

But as it is not yet 3 months i was surprised at my Cholesterol result

I have been taking Statins for years, over the last couple years levels have been between 3.9 and 4.4
My Total Cholesterol reading in Feb this year was 4.3
My Total Cholesterol reading in Oct this year is 3.3
I do not have another reading this low in the last 12 years for which i have results,

the break down of my current reading is as follows
Total 3.3
LDL 1.8
HDL 1.0
Triglycerides 1.2
Ratio 3.3

Overall very happy with that and it has to be the diet change (combined with the weight loss)
Other results are also showing signs of improvement and i have come off one of the BP tablets i was taking, another reading around 3.3 ealry next year and i may say good bye to the statins as well.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum, i have read much of it over the last few months and it is because of the forum and reading others experiences that I decided to try it to start with.

Reactions: 24 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for sharing your success story @KeithD! Hopefully it will also inspire and motivate others too. X Well done!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So chuffed for you!

How do you feel eating LCHF? I'm guessing that you feel better than you have for years. I do.

KeithD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A few
So chuffed for you!

How do you feel eating LCHF? I'm guessing that you feel better than you have for years. I do.

In under a week i felt much better, more energy, more awake all day, no rumbling tummy mid afternoon after sandwiches or pasta salad or similar for lunch,
Although still working on bring down HbA1c my day to day blood testing are more stable, less spiking.

I would recommend it at some level to anyone, not just Diabetics.

Reactions: 14 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just thought i would post something up in here after my recent visit to my GP,

I have been LCHF for approaching 3 months, cut out 95% of the starchy carbs that made up a large amount of most of my meals, not as low carb as many of you but what i am doing is currently working for me.
Feel better in general for it, have lost about a stone and a half, (from 16 stone 5 to 14 stone 12)
During the year that is the only major change i have made, it has resulted in me taking considerably less insulin each day than i was before,

But as it is not yet 3 months i was surprised at my Cholesterol result

I have been taking Statins for years, over the last couple years levels have been between 3.9 and 4.4
My Total Cholesterol reading in Feb this year was 4.3
My Total Cholesterol reading in Oct this year is 3.3
I do not have another reading this low in the last 12 years for which i have results,

the break down of my current reading is as follows
Total 3.3
LDL 1.8
HDL 1.0
Triglycerides 1.2
Ratio 3.3

Overall very happy with that and it has to be the diet change (combined with the weight loss)
Other results are also showing signs of improvement and i have come off one of the BP tablets i was taking, another reading around 3.3 ealry next year and i may say good bye to the statins as well.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum, i have read much of it over the last few months and it is because of the forum and reading others experiences that I decided to try it to start with.

Well done!

KeithD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A few
Thanks to every one for the great comments, not why i posted but appreciated.

Just want to make it known that i am one more person who this way of eating is working well for,
Hope it can help others who are thinking about it or have not found it yet give it a go and find the benefits.

Reactions: 3 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Keith. It's great to hear your results. Well done :)