A little of what you fancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
.I remember the thread or posts on Walnut Whips a little while back as I used to treat myself with this confectionery, especially the coffee flavour 15 years before being diagnosed with type 1, It was when I started my first job at 16 with the GPO and a tiny amount of my wages went on the yummy Walnut whip from Nicolson's sweet shop/newsagents on my way to work. I felt so :cool:

RRB :)

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Andy12345 stop it, this is more than I can bear, I really don't want to go out shopping at this time of night, but if you keep on talking about gorgeous food I'm gonna have to! No more please. :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
its almost christmas time too :) thats a great excuse to treat myself to too many mince pies!

ill try to find the recipe, its tough to make the pastry from almond flour but when you perfect it....sigh heavenly low carb mince pies

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
@Andy12345 stop it, this is more than I can bear, I really don't want to go out shopping at this time of night, but if you keep on talking about gorgeous food I'm gonna have to! No more please. :)

lol sorry its not my fault, you have to blame the OP! putting all these treats in my mind :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
its almost christmas time too :) thats a great excuse to treat myself to too many mince pies!

ill try to find the recipe, its tough to make the pastry from almond flour but when you perfect it....sigh heavenly low carb mince pies
Please let me have the recipe...I'm sure my son will manage to make them, he's great at baking.

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
sure ill find it, i need it anyway lol, the difficulty is not eating too many as they are about 3g of carb each (if i remember right?) so its easy to go too high and push up that blood reading :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeh, you're right, but this is called 'a little of what you fancy' and mince pies....yummy :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well @noblehead you have got me there. I always assumed you were older and wiser than me.
I will never learn "never assume"
Back to "A little of what you fancy" Scottish ice cream made by Italians" (hope I do not get into trouble now)
Thanks @AnnieC for a nice post.

My forum Avatar is the reason why you though I was older izzi :)

I think when I first started driving petrol was around 30p a gallon, where did it all go wrong.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It shouldn't be about T1's and T2's at all but to post on a diabetic forum how "you can't beat a proper Scotch pie" etc is perhaps not the best advice to give. Would you expect to visit a forum for alcoholics discussing their favourite whisky ? Seems a bit odd to me.

But the thread is called 'a little of what you fancy' and do you treat yourself to something you ate before being diabetic? It's a nostalgic memory for many ( whatever type) and a light hearted thread. tbh If I was newly diagnosed and reading words like, sweets, chocolate, fish n' chips, pies and baileys and now mince pies :) which I really liked, I would be having a thorough read and then any questions or concerns I had. I would post on that thread.
It is nice to reminisce, especially with the festive season looming up on us o_O

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes please do not use this thread to start an argument again . The question was not about whether people are T1 or T2 I just asked if anyone allowed theirself a treat sometimes something they had enjoyed before they were diabetic I certainly do not think that having a Scotch pie and crisps is going to give newbies the idea that it is what they should eat as the thread is about occasional treats not our every day food

Thought as much AnnieC, thanks for the clarification.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
so then mentioning these....

coconut+truffles+napis.jpg

might be a nice way for the newly diagnosed to realise that life is not over

you CAN treat yourself to amazing food as a diabetic :)

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My forum Avatar is the reason why you though I was older izzi :)

I think when I first started driving petrol was around 30p a gallon, where did it all go wrong.

As a non driver 30p sounded quite reasonable ? but I have no idea how much it is, and also alcohol o_O

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lol I couldn't possibly comment Zand, as I could be older :p

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As a non driver 30p sounded quite reasonable ? but I have no idea how much it is, and also alcohol o_O

Petrol has to be close to £6 a gallon now RRB, alcohol, well don't get out to the pub much now but you'd need a second mortgage to have a good night out I'd imagine.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
petrol was already being measured in litres when i started, im just puppy compared you you old folks, I SAY IM JUST A PUPPY!

Reactions: 5 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My treat is Greek full fat yoghurt, 85% dark chocolate and a few strawberries! Wow what a combo as does nowt to my BSLs! Woohoo!

Miss me chip butties and roasties. Spuds spike me ruthlessly!!

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Petrol has to be close to £6 a gallon now RRB, alcohol, well don't get out to the pub much now but you'd need a second mortgage to have a good night out I'd imagine.

It's not the money I'm worried about, it's staying awake............... that's the problem :arghh::p