Remembering to inject

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you do anything to help your remember to inject?

You'd of thought it would be stuck in my head by now but I still forget the occasional injection :(

Emma_P23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to set alarms on my phone for usual meal times etc. I know this isn't perfect but it may be a start. I have a terrible memory. You would definitely think it should be easy for us to remember to have our insulin, but apparently not lol. At least I'm not the only one. Plus it's easier for me being on the insulin pump! Haha!

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to set alarms on my phone for usual meal times etc. I know this isn't perfect but it may be a start. I have a terrible memory. You would definitely think it should be easy for us to remember to have our insulin, but apparently not lol. At least I'm not the only one. Plus it's easier for me being on the insulin pump! Haha!
Definitely not the only one! I have an alarm for my Lantus but not for others as the times vary a little bit. Sometimes find myself nearly injecting Novo instead of the Lantus too :facepalm:

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
Do you do anything to help your remember to inject?
You'd of thought it would be stuck in my head by now but I still forget the occasional injection :(

I have an app on my phone that goes off at the same time every night that is my reminder to inject my night time lantus, my wife uses the same app to remind her when to take her medication throughout the day and it also will send a text message to either of us if one forget to click the button that says you've taken the medication, so it means if i'm at work and I get a text that my mate might have forgotten hir medication I can text or call hir and make sure she's taken it (she's epleptic so its rather important that she doesn't forget her dosages at specific times during the day cause to do so can mean she'll have an attack).

We both use the app for Android called MediSafe

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an app on my phone that goes off at the same time every night that is my reminder to inject my night time lantus, my wife uses the same app to remind her when to take her medication throughout the day and it also will send a text message to either of us if one forget to click the button that says you've taken the medication, so it means if i'm at work and I get a text that my mate might have forgotten hir medication I can text or call hir and make sure she's taken it (she's epleptic so its rather important that she doesn't forget her dosages at specific times during the day cause to do so can mean she'll have an attack).

We both use the app for Android called MediSafe
I'll have a look into it, thank you.
Alarm seems the best bet, a little structure in regards to meal times couldn't hurt either :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The alarms on the mobile and such is a good idea to remind you take your insulin, but if you ever have those moments of doubt whether or not you've injected you can get insulin pens with a built in memory device, they tell you how long it been since you last injected and how many units you had taken at the time, one such pen is the NovoPen Echo used for Novorapid insulin. You can also buy devices that fit on the end of pens, one is called Timesulin.

Reactions: 2 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, i'll search for them now.

Also, should i be worried at all if i keep getting a tingling in my left hand and it goes a little numb?
Think i'm becoming a little hypochondriac :nailbiting:

rossh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The alarms on the mobile and such is a good idea to remind you take your insulin, but if you ever have those moments of doubt whether or not you've injected you can get insulin pens with a built in memory device, they tell you how long it been since you last injected and how many units you had taken at the time, one such pen is the NovoPen Echo used for Novorapid insulin. You can also buy devices that fit on the end of pens, one is called Timesulin.

I need this for sure. After nearly 20 years its just part of my routine so much so I often forget if I've actually done it. Thanks Noblehead.

Reactions: 2 people