Having low blood readings

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Bit confused, back at work now, after having 2 ops and using a mouse left handed currently because of operation scar on my hand.

Last week, my blood sugars dropped quite considerably - usually we'd be celebrating, but even my morning ones i had a 5.9 which is unheard of. Before tea readings, were between 4.8 and 5.7 .

I increased carbs a bit because i kept feeling the funny feeling in my stomach below my ribs, cant explain it but its a bit like when you miss a step and nearly fall. Plus getting regular sweat attacks.

I was thinking have i started the menopause a couple of years early.

On Saturday i had actually had a full blown proper hypo in tesco. sweating a lot, face went red, then went properly shakey and disorientated so grabbed some jelly babies off the shelf and had 5. Didnt have my blood machine with me, never needed to before but when i got home about an hour later, test blood and it had got to 6.4.

I've emailed my DN, as either something is working, or not working not sure which. possibly my meds need reducing again,

Am on 80 glicerzide twice a day (morning and with tea). 1.2 Victoza and 13 units long acting insulin.

I experimented on thursday with my tea, had 8 oven chips, mushrooms and 2 eggs and a scone, before tea 6.8 at bed 7.2 went to bed at 9pm.
had the same on friday and it was 5.9 before tea, and 13.2 at bed time went to bed at 10pm which is a bit strange.

i've been type 2 for nearly 11 years now .

Really dont like the feeling of going low at all, this morning it was 6 when i got up, had 2 toast for brekkie, felt wierd again at 9am and it was 6.5. have just had a yoghurt because have felt funny all morning.

Could it be now that i'm going more onto the type 1 scenario. bloods were low whilst i was off sick, but not this low and i put that down to being off work, and not stressed etc.

I'm retaining fluid as well not sure whether thats anything to do with.

ta

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glucose levels above 4,0 mmol are not really lows.

What you have experienced is false lows. When our body gets used to much higher glucose levels it reacts as if we have gone hypoglycemic even though in reality we are in the normal glucose range.

The body soon adjusts to the lower levels and the symptoms stop.

It's alway's worth being vigilant as the medication you are on could result in lows.

Regards

Pavlos

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glucose levels above 4,0 mmol are not really lows.

What you have experienced is false lows. When our body gets used to much higher glucose levels it reacts as if we have gone hypoglycemic even though in reality we are in the normal glucose range.

The body soon adjusts to the lower levels and the symptoms stop.

It's alway's worth being vigilant as the medication you are on could result in lows.

Regards

Pavlos

Thanks you, its a very unpleasant feeling i must say.

DN has replied saying stop the glicerzide and see how that goes - it'll most likely jump right back up and i'll be back to square one.