Wagamamas

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, can somebody take a look at their page and nutritional info. We went for the first time ever last night and I cannot see that their carb counting is right, nor the calories. Looking at a carb counting page it seems more like they have used values for raw rice, not cooked. No way was my dish 150g odd of carbs, I certainly didn't inject for that and neither were my bedtime and waking readings sky high.

Thanks

Ali

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I had a look on the website and found the carbs for this dish, green curry :eek:

Yasai Surendra's

new
Winter-2014-Surendras-Yasai-Curry.png

• ↑nutrition + allergy
    yasai surendra’s curry | serving size:717g

values per servingvalues per 100g
    energy1331kcal186kcal
    protein17.7g2.5g
    carbohydrate171.7g24g
    of which sugars16.1g2.2g
    fat61.5g8.6g
    of which saturates12.1g1.7g
    fibre10.3g1.4g
    salt2g0.3g
    sodium0.8gtrace
RRB

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes quite but if you look in cals and carbs there is no way that is right.

Ali

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I had a Firecracker Chicken last week which I assume was a similar sized dish from looking at the picture. Just looked at their site and it claims that it contains >176g of carbs.
For starters I cannot beleive that the meal size was 720g (maybe if you include the plate !) . If you were cooking rice at home you'd allow say 70-80g per person uncooked. A chicken breast is what? -250g? Chuck in some mange tout, and some chillies and onions - again lets say about 80g?? I reckon you're looking at 430-450g tops for this meal. There might be some sugar in the sauce bu I dont think it would make up that much difference.
So most of the carbs are coming from the rice and I thought it was a smallish portion. I didn't prepare properly and I was 8.5 by bedtime but I'm still learning.
Perhaps - just perhaps, they're only including the rice and it's meant to be 72.0g and not 720g? Whatever way you look at it, it's a bit strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it is definitely not right, not for any of their meals. Checking it in carbs and cals it looked as if they were using the raw rice data, not the cooked values. No way was my meal 700g either. We only had small amounts of chicken on the plate, not a breast's worth that's for sure. Thankfully I didn't bolus for anything like what they indicated I would need to bolus for and all was well.

Ali

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I had a Firecracker Chicken last week which I assume was a similar sized dish from looking at the picture. Just looked at their site and it claims that it contains >176g of carbs.
For starters I cannot beleive that the meal size was 720g (maybe if you include the plate !) . If you were cooking rice at home you'd allow say 70-80g per person uncooked. A chicken breast is what? -250g? Chuck in some mange tout, and some chillies and onions - again lets say about 80g?? I reckon you're looking at 430-450g tops for this meal. There might be some sugar in the sauce bu I dont think it would make up that much difference.
So most of the carbs are coming from the rice and I thought it was a smallish portion. I didn't prepare properly and I was 8.5 by bedtime but I'm still learning.
Perhaps - just perhaps, they're only including the rice and it's meant to be 72.0g and not 720g? Whatever way you look at it, it's a bit strange.

Hi, I had another look again and it would appear to be very wrong, the calculations cannot be right, surely ?? So, I emailed Wagamama's and told them what was on the website, because it appears to be misleading and so could be potentially dangerous. to a diabetic and taking Insulin and carb counting:eek: They say on the website they can cater for diabetics.
Hopefully I will receive an email from them soon. If not, then I will give them a nudge.

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 4 people

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah thank you, I wanted to see if others concurred and was going to do that if they did. I wonder how they could be getting it so wrong? If I injected according to their data, I would still be hypo now lol.

Ali

Reactions: 2 people