Insulin-like growth factor (I.G.F.) reasearch

JD2109

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi this is my first post on here .So has anybody heard anything about research into I.G.F and the claims by an American doctor that this treatment is a cure for diabeties ? Type 1 and type 2 he claims can be cured in a 14 day course of treatment , Also he recons that the large pharmisuitical firms know all about I.G.F but are refusing to back the research because it would cost them millions in lost revenue.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum :)

Never heard of the research, but if there was a known cure available it would be more widely known about by now.

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi this is my first post on here .So has anybody heard anything about research into I.G.F and the claims by an American doctor that this treatment is a cure for diabeties ? Type 1 and type 2 he claims can be cured in a 14 day course of treatment , Also he recons that the large pharmisuitical firms know all about I.G.F but are refusing to back the research because it would cost them millions in lost revenue.

Yes, we have had a couple of other people appearing with similar queries to your own.

Unless they produce good quality links (no sales pitch, dodgy claims) and they provide clear, verifiable evidence, I just dismiss it as snake oil salesmanship.

Reactions: 6 people

JD2109

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with type 2 in june this year 9G.I 125) at that time . I have followed a simple princapul of sticking to the weights and mesures given to me by my doctor and in November this year my G.I was down t0 52 nearly down to the target of 48 . In the interim I have needed treatment for retinopathy injections in the eye not a happy moment in time but at least they seem to have worked just checkups every couple of months now and I have sensory neuropathy requiring constant medication . I came across this ad claiming a cure last night and folloed the information that he gave out seems to suggest that these I.G.F's have a more benofical use than was first thought because the original research was applied to regeneration of the pancrease . He reckons through a claimed 32 medical studies that if this is applied actually to cleaning your liver back to a clean state that your body will produce far more of IGF 1 a growth hormone which replaces dead or damaged cells but also ingreases the production of IGF 2 this is not common in adults as it is thought to be a primary building block of an infant. When the increase of the 2 IGF'd are added to each other the doctors claim is that they are 100% better at digestihg glucose in the body . He claims the pharmasutical companys have total knowlage of this research but do not want to use it as in America alone it would cost them $250 million a year in lost revenue . Far better if all diabeties sufferers go to an early grave paying thousands a year for medication that does not really offer a solution .

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Reactions: 2 people

bderoy1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other

Has anyone tried this yet?

These claims are all over the internet but I am in doubt as they all look like sell speeches.
Having said that, If the big pharm would try to prevent this news from being known, they would posts enough garbage to make us not sure about it.
All they need is a doubt right...

DanK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone tried this yet?

These claims are all over the internet but I am in doubt as they all look like sell speeches.
Having said that, If the big pharm would try to prevent this news from being known, they would posts enough garbage to make us not sure about it.
All they need is a doubt right...
New poster here. Diabetesfree with "Dr. Pearson" is a fraud. They say they are sending you BOOKS. Then it is NOT BOOKS, but instead a PDF. And no, it's not about the "Miracle Shake" that will adjust your IGF levels -- it's just a reprint of an article by unrelated doctors about IGF and the HEART, from the Journal of Cardiology! Doesn't even mention diabetes! We demanded an instant refund (glad we got that, but maybe only because we were VERY angry.) Do NOT go to the DiabetesFree website.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting.

Thanks for the link Phoenix. It gave me a good overview of this treatment, it's outcomes and side effects.

As I read through the diabetes section, at first I was a excited, but not after reading about the side effects. Also, it appears that the improvements go away after treatment is stopped, which admittedly, is an assumption on my part. I'm going to stick with the LCHF diet, and other strategies I have planned but haven't started yet to reduce my insulin, insulin resistance, and blood glucose.