Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
8.4 this morning! Just didn't feel right all day yesterday, had a dull tummy ache and had to get up during the night 4 times! Bit better this morning.
Had the same feeling back in october it was cystitis hope you dont have that!! Get well soon::))

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A solid 4.0 for me this morning. This followed an odd, and rather low day yesterday. I have no idea what I was mid-afternoon, as I strolled around M&S feeling decidedly off and low. I didn't have my kit with me, but as I felt off, I toddled off and had a café latte, which buoyed me up just fine.

Yesterday evening, I had a pretty much tried and tested evening meal, followed by berries and cream. I had my usual scores pre and post meal, but was 3.2 and 3.0 a couple of hours later. (What’s all that nonsense about!?) I had only tested because of feeling off in the afternoon. Anyway, as I felt absolutely fine, I gave that a decent ignoring, went to bed, and got up on 4.0 this morning. I think my liver may be on message these days.

Hopefully, normal service has been resumed.

It’s a horrid, blustery day here today. I may just pull up the metaphoric draw-bridge and stay indoors all day. Play nicely boys and girls.

Reactions: 20 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 this morning... Had a lovely lie in as its my 3yr old nephews party today and I am helping my sister look after 25 kids......so I need all the energy I can get.

Have a great day

Reactions: 19 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Dull and boring 5.2 like the rain and very very windy....the weather that is windy not me!

Reactions: 16 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. No idea how or what I was after dinner last night as I ate so late and had a snack to take the tablet I forgot to take with dinner!

Reactions: 14 people

Disky

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just been officially diagnosed on the 23 Dec 2014

Got the first bloods from the doc on 20th dec and got my meter yesterday (accu-check nano)

Here's my readings so far:

20/12/14. 19 (doctors)
23/12/14. 16 (doctors)
9/1/15 10.8 (pre meal)
9/1/15. 11.2 (post meal)
10/1/15. 10.5 (pre meal)

So going the right way :)

Reactions: 18 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
7.2 mmol/l. Must have been the oh so yummy biccies I had last night after my 3.7. Oh fond memories of Tunnocks tea cakes awww

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.2 mmol/l. Must have been the oh so yummy biccies I had last night after my 3.7. Oh fond memories of Tunnocks tea cakes awww
Think you overdid the balancing act ;).
5.6 fasting; 5.7 post brekky despite having run out of soya milk and using skimmed for porridge and brew...

Reactions: 13 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Think you overdid the balancing act ;).
5.6 fasting; 5.7 post brekky despite having run out of soya milk and using skimmed for porridge and brew...
Jan, I'd rather be a bit high than too low. Humulin M3 insulin has a rapid and long lasting insulin mixed together so levels can drop even further whilst sleeping and didn't want less than 3 mmol/l.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I've just been officially diagnosed on the 23 Dec 2014

Got the first bloods from the doc on 20th dec and got my meter yesterday (accu-check nano)

Here's my readings so far:

20/12/14. 19 (doctors)
23/12/14. 16 (doctors)
9/1/15 10.8 (pre meal)
9/1/15. 11.2 (post meal)
10/1/15. 10.5 (pre meal)

So going the right way :)
Great Xmas present eh? Worry not you're in the right place. Read the website and join the forums where the the theory is put into practice. Welcome to the thread/madhouse :);) - great friendly bunch with tried and tested advice. Any questions ask away. If you're on meds let us know cos it can make a difference to the replies

Reactions: 7 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Me mad ? Lol

Reactions: 6 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,4 today

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1420892952.589345.jpg

Pavlos

Reactions: 19 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My doctors surgery does a first call first served system on the day. Some appointments are pre booked but gone are the days of waiting days/weeks to see a GP. If you phone after 8.30 am you will be seen that day.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Jan, I'd rather be a bit high than too low. Humulin M3 insulin has a rapid and long lasting insulin mixed together so levels can drop even further whilst sleeping and didn't want less than 3 mmol/l.
Ah, in that case, the yummy biscuits were a necessity.....

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.