Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep. And the second test was 8.1.

That's very odd.

Were you very hungry before you ate? To achieve that mega-spike, I wonder if you started with a liver dump at the same time you started eating, and therefore had two lots of glucose to deal with. Have you ever caught a liver dump and been able to measure or estimate its impact?

Reactions: 4 people

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's very odd.

Were you very hungry before you ate? To achieve that mega-spike, I wonder if you started with a liver dump at the same time you started eating, and therefore had two lots of glucose to deal with. Have you ever caught a liver dump and been able to measure or estimate its impact?

Lunch was certainly later than normal by 1.5 hours. I wasn't particularly hungry and haven't ever been aware of a liver dump.

Was 6.0 by three hours and pre-dinner 5.0.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch was certainly later than normal by 1.5 hours. I wasn't particularly hungry and haven't ever been aware of a liver dump.

Was 6.0 by three hours and pre-dinner 5.0.

Looks like you need to repeat the meal, to prove the theory.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8. To add, I was 7.1 before dinner which was 2 hrs after I had had 1 round of burgen toasted with butter & 2 small sausages left over from dinner yesterday, dinner was homemade casserole with 2 porky chops, that was all slow cooked in the oven since 10㏂ & was lush,my 2hr blood was 5.6 after the casserole. Hmmm would have at least expected high 6's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8. To add, I was 7.1 before dinner which was 2 hrs after I had had 1 round of burgen toasted with butter & 2 small sausages left over from dinner yesterday, dinner was homemade casserole with 2 porky chops, that was all slow cooked in the oven since 10㏂ & was lush,my 2hr blood was 5.6 after the casserole. Hmmm would have at least expected high 6's.
& just decided on dinner tomorrow.
Liver bacon & onions with a gravy made from the left over juice & the left over veg, Now that sounds Goooooood to me, not had liver & onions for yrs.

Reactions: 9 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooh casserole sounds loads better than hospital food managed a whole chicken salad this evening and an apple. Eating is still not great cause of chest. Inhalers have been doubled and changed to an easier to use type. Phsyio was hell still no pain no gain

Reactions: 6 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh casserole sounds loads better than hospital food managed a whole chicken salad this evening and an apple. Eating is still not great cause of chest. Inhalers have been doubled and changed to an easier to use type. Phsyio was hell still no pain no gain
you'll get there just hang in there. :rolleyes:

S

Sable_Jan

5.6 this morning!

On the weekend this little guy spotted me leaving a peanut out for him.... Came a running!

16128396439_1b65b21c70_h.jpg

And here he is sitting in the window enjoying.....

16127823739_7e423619fa_h.jpg
Superb

S

Sable_Jan

Re the BEETROOT from earlier today..35g portion of pickled has 2g carbs; Medium GI and Low GL.... from my GI & GL counter

S

Sable_Jan

That's very odd.

We've none of us asked what the rest of the meal was.....the answer may lie there rather than the beetroot

Reactions: 2 people

Adrian Ramos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got this morning 74mg/l equals 4.11 mmol/l usually is about 90 - 110 mg/l everyday but my blood pressure is high :(

S

Sable_Jan

Mmm, 2.5 hrs post my Monday Chish & Fips was 6.5. Tested again at 3 hrs (a rare bedtime test) 6.8 so retested twice more both 7.3. All blood from same puncture. Conclusion, all the fat just slows the rise, don't have a pre figure (tho probs high-ish due to been curry/rice lunch post 6.6) but 7.3 post is ok, for me, once a week

Reactions: 10 people

Adrian Ramos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you feel OK with such a low fasting level? Are you on insulin or an insulin promoting drug?
I was a little shaky i'm on metformin, 2 pills of 500mg everyday with my meals and one glibenclamide every morning with my breakfast i try to not eat any greasy or salty food but over here that's an odyssey cause food here is either greasy or full of carbs any way i just measure my glucose hour and a half after dinner and is 122mg/l but my blood pressure still over 156/94 and the problem is i have PDR :( any suggestions to low blood pressure?
Welcome to the thread Adrian :)
Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.