Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

It's an exercise franchise .. I'm not sure what they do there but my mum goes and she is in her seventies so it can't be too high impact for everything.
Thanks for that :). Btw, sorry to hear you're feeling poorly but glad you managed to dance the night away on Sat before it got too bad

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Prelunch 5.3

@ 2 hours 8.0 ! No more beetroot for me. One of my highest ever readings.

Still learning ....
As are we all. Was it in "sweet" vinegar, normal vinegar or without? May be worth testing with one of others you didn't have?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning But!
I'm not worrying about this or my BG at all at the moment.:happy: I'm more concerned with fighting off several infections :eek: minus a spleen o_O which doesn't help :wideyed:
Which has all sent my fasting and post prandial readings sky high for the last few weeks :confused:
But I'm winning! :facepalm: I think! :dead::hilarious:

Take care. Xx

Reactions: 6 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's an exercise franchise .. I'm not sure what they do there but my mum goes and she is in her seventies so it can't be too high impact for everything.

Oy! I'm only 64, but you're correct, it is fairly 'easy' as far as gyms go. It is a circuit with a mix of machines and mats. There are lots of different programmes so it can be as vigorous as you choose to make it. I like it because it's close to home, it only takes half an hour or a bit more, and I can go early and feel virtuous for the rest of the day. I'm usually there before seven and home by half past. If I could train the dogs to have my coffee on when I got home it would be perfect.

Reactions: 11 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oy! I'm only 64, but you're correct, it is fairly 'easy' as far as gyms go. It is a circuit with a mix of machines and mats. There are lots of different programmes so it can be as vigorous as you choose to make it. I like it because it's close to home, it only takes half an hour or a bit more, and I can go early and feel virtuous for the rest of the day. I'm usually there before seven and home by half past. If I could train the dogs to have my coffee on when I got home it would be perfect.

Sorry. I know they can up it but my mum likes it because she has osteoporosis and it doesn't make her unable to move the next day. Like you there's one just round the corner from her house so she can nip out and be back to make dad's tea in 45 minutes.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco do beetroot in plain vinegar and pickled onions ditto ::))

Is there anything wrong with malt vinegar? It seems Malt Vinegar (or at least the Tesco ones) has barely any carbs. 100ml has 0.8g, a tablespoon has 0.1g

It's more likely the beetroot itself if you have a lot -

S

Sable_Jan

6.7 this morning But!
I'm not worrying about this or my BG at all at the moment.:happy: I'm more concerned with fighting off several infections :eek: minus a spleen o_O which doesn't help :wideyed:
Which has all sent my fasting and post prandial readings sky high for the last few weeks :confused:
But I'm winning! :facepalm: I think! :dead::hilarious:
Not bad considering what you're fighting off....

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Theoretically, shouldn't be too bad. If I recall, Ally eats a fair amount of the stuff.

upload_2015-1-19_16-47-48.png

S

Sable_Jan

Is there anything wrong with malt vinegar? It seems Malt Vinegar (or at least the Tesco ones) has barely any carbs. 100ml has 0.8g, a tablespoon has 0.1g

Not that I know of but noticed recently many are now in SWEET vinegar. It's that one I was wondering about mainly....

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Two very small ones.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning!

On the weekend this little guy spotted me leaving a peanut out for him.... Came a running!

16128396439_1b65b21c70_h.jpg

And here he is sitting in the window enjoying.....

16127823739_7e423619fa_h.jpg

Reactions: 16 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prelunch 5.3

@ 2 hours 8.0 ! No more beetroot for me. One of my highest ever readings.

Still learning ....

Sorry if I missed someone else asking, but did you wash your hands and retest?

Status
Not open for further replies.