Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
4.8 on this snowy morning, whilst my collies play "punch daddy in the b0llox 'til he takes me out 'cos I'm bursting!":woot::cool:

Reactions: 23 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning, which is towards the upper end of my personal range, but I'll take it.

I'm on my last pot of strips ending 072, and the consistency of this pot is variable to say the least. The delivery I took yesterday has my stock of strips to last me until the summer, when I'll probably be back in UK. I need to get my head back into a "no retests, unless it's wiiiild" mindset, or my strip budgeting will go to pot.

Play nicely boys and girls.

Reactions: 22 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning after going to bed on 5.4
No snow here today and actually 3 degrees so no frost either
Got to go have a hepatitis b vacation later as it's recommended for the new relief post I'm doing at the homeless centre, first shift tomorrow, hoping the vacination is not going to affect my no - meds levels!!

Reactions: 20 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.3 right this is getting really boring now...i think i should only report by exception...if its too high and i can share with you to garner support and sympathy or its so low so I can swagger a bit and say look at me guys....but just look at my recent fasting numbers...lowest 4.7 and highest 6.6

5.3, 5.4, 5.3,5.5, 5.1,4.7,5.9,6.6, 5.6,5.4,5.5, 5.0

5.4 I'm with you beatdise, similar figures, but throw a 3.9 & a 6.0, not generally first thing out of bed but within 10/15 mins.

Not complaining its a lot better than averages when I was diagnosed in May 2014, which reminds me have an appointment for
Blood to be done 5/2/15, 1st since diagnosis, will be interesting to see if my efforts are rewarded with a better reading.

What will be will be, keep safe everyone.

Reactions: 13 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 I'm with you beatdise, similar figures, but throw a 3.9 & a 6.0, not generally first thing out of bed but within 10/15 mins.

Not complaining its a lot better than averages when I was diagnosed in May 2014, which reminds me have an appointment for
Blood to be done 5/2/15, 1st since diagnosis, will be interesting to see if my efforts are rewarded with a better reading.

What will be will be, keep safe everyone.

Gosh, that's a long time for a first, post-diagnosis test. I'll eat my floppy hat and flip-flops if your results aren't significantly improved. You'll be fine.

Reactions: 6 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 at bedtime but a jump to 8.4 at fasting!
I must've raided the biscuit barrel in my dreams! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 14 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.9 this morning. Yippee :) out of the 7's first time my fasting levels have been under 7 in 18 days of been in hospital. Prof coming round later lets see what he says..

Reactions: 23 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.9 this morning. Yippee :) out of the 7's first time my fasting levels have been under 7 in 18 days of been in hospital. Prof coming round later lets see what he says..
Great news :)
Mike

Reactions: 8 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 for me this morning... woohoo I've got my fingers cross my liver doesn't doublecross me this morning :)

Drizzling here...but at least its a tad warmer than yesterday.. Have a great day everyone :)

Reactions: 26 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.2 for me this morning... woohoo I've got my fingers cross my liver doesn't doublecross me this morning :)

Drizzling here...but at least its a tad warmer than yesterday.. Have a great day everyone :)
great kezz :)

Reactions: 8 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fingers crossed here for you. let's hope it good news so you can get home.

Reactions: 12 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's strange well not strange in the logical sense, but if I have to get up to see to let the dog or cat out in the night I have a handful of peanuts or something snackable in the low GL & my readings are less than not snacking. Must stop the liver doing it's stuff.

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.