Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi mike have a look at dr r bernstein's book "diabetis explained 4 th edition" he states normal bs's are between 3.4 to 4.8 with a rise of only 1.0 and returning to normal within 1 hr, there are a few posters on here who regularly post at 3.4 , i myself am aiming for 4.3 or thereabouts. But as we know were all........different ::))

I always feel unwell when my bgs go into the low 4's, start shaking and sweating

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I always feel unwell when my bgs go into the low 4's, start shaking and sweating
Sorry to hear about your lousy day, maybe you need a check up or visit your DSN, you may need more insulin. My BGs have started swinging a lot lately and have now been getting ketones. Tests been sent to lab for possible Type 1 or LADA. Cheer up Pav, tomorrow is another day but you feel like sh*t when you are hyperglycaemic.
Morning level:6.2 mmol/l
Pre dinner: 7.7 mmol/l :)

Reactions: 7 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Mike you can send your 4.7 to me if you dont want it.good for you,I have never had a 4 x

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes get high 4's before tea and before bed, and occasionally before lunch, but never fasting. If I see a 4 at bedtime my liver hates it and knocks me back to the 5's by morning. However, I never notice any funny feelings in the 4's.

Reactions: 6 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear about your lousy day, maybe you need a check up or visit your DSN, you may need more insulin. My BGs have started swinging a lot lately and have now been getting keotones. Tests been sent to lab for possible Type 1 or LADA. Cheer up Pav, tomorrow is another day but you feel like sh*t when you are hyperglycaemic.
Morning level:6.2 mmol/l
Pre dinner: 7.7 mmol/l :)

Thanks Eddie. Think its a combination of things, it becomes a bit of a vicious cycle doesn't it? I think your right, I need to see my GP, get my anti depressants changed too, they're not helping anymore

Reactions: 3 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I sometimes get high 4's before tea and before bed, and occasionally before lunch, but never fasting. If I see a 4 at bedtime my liver hates it and knocks me back to the 5's by morning. However, I never notice any funny feelings in the 4's.
I wish I knew why the differences occur. Still, better these numbers than something beyond the 7s.

Reactions: 9 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks Eddie. Think its a combination of things, it becomes a bit of a vicious cycle doesn't it? I think your right, I need to see my GP, get my anti depressants changed too, they're not helping anymore
It is just that you are eating good low carb and healthy stuff. Could just be insulin resistance as your body is adapting to Novamix which I reckon is the same as Humulin M3, short and long acting insulins 30% human and 70% isophane insulin. :)

Reactions: 2 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It is just that you are eating good low carb and healthy stuff. Could just be insulin resistance as your body is adapting to Novamix which I reckon is the same as Humulin M3, short and long acting insulins 30% human and 70% isophane insulin. :)

You are right Eddie. I have an appointment in a few weeks so I'll monitor it til then.
Hope your tests come back ok

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pavlov, I started on 41 units a day and have been titrated up to 88 units a day, maybe a wee bit of tinkering is needed, don't suffer ;)

Reactions: 2 people

britincali

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've not had a cig in two years, did 9 month on ecigs then 12 months on nicotinelle lozenges, gave them up about two months ago.

I could still murder a fag....

Reactions: 10 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just worry about having hypos as I'm on my own, and they're scary. Also, I'm not sure whether I would need to increase my morning or evening dose, or both. Will have a think

Reactions: 3 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've not had a cig in two years, did 9 month on ecigs then 12 months on nicotinelle lozenges, gave them up about two months ago.

I could still murder a fag....

I gave up cigs about 18 years ago. I could still fancy one, but its more of a thought than a craving. It does get easier in time, don't lose your motivation, you've done really well

Reactions: 5 people

Adrian Ramos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
PDR = Proliforative Diabetic retinopathy?

As far as your blood pressure is concerned; do you carry any excess weight? My BP was higher than optimal when diagnosed, but dropped fairly promptly to healthy scores when I dropped a bit of weight. Last time I went GP was so disinterested in it that she asked what it was these days and didn't bother checking for herself.
I'm just a little overweight 3-5 kg. probably. I been loosing weight last half year but haven't notice any important change in my BP is always above 140/90 yes Proliforative Diabetic retinopathy.

Reactions: 5 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.3 right this is getting really boring now...i think i should only report by exception...if its too high and i can share with you to garner support and sympathy or its so low so I can swagger a bit and say look at me guys....but just look at my recent fasting numbers...lowest 4.7 and highest 6.6

5.3, 5.4, 5.3,5.5, 5.1,4.7,5.9,6.6, 5.6,5.4,5.5, 5.0

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.