Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
List of numbers like that always make me think of Torville & Dean tho theirs were 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0 ;)
Nice one Sable! Yes so sort of graceful yet dynamic its the static numbers actually I don't like.....Just in case some of you had forgotten or didnt know see below;

Reactions: 7 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.4 I'm with you beatdise, similar figures, but throw a 3.9 & a 6.0, not generally first thing out of bed but within 10/15 mins.

Not complaining its a lot better than averages when I was diagnosed in May 2014, which reminds me have an appointment for
Blood to be done 5/2/15, 1st since diagnosis, will be interesting to see if my efforts are rewarded with a better reading.

What will be will be, keep safe everyone.
JohnD MY man keep it quite but I am off to get my first Hba1c results since diagnosis...yes its been 3 months....from my DN tonight......Shhhhhh...If you don't hear from me I will be in a gym somewhere trying to sort it out....If you do it will be because the results are GREAT...and given the shy modest retiring shrinking violet I am I'll be shouting from the rooftops....

Reactions: 11 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I always feel unwell when my bgs go into the low 4's, start shaking and sweating
Me too... I thought it was because I was empty... It may be that it's too low for some people and we naturally have a higher reading than some people...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks Jan . Had xray still a bit if gunk in there, looks like drain out tomorrow and then wait to see what happens :). BS before lunch 6.4 and 5.9 after Phsyio
That's much better! Well done... you must be happy... going home might be an option soon? :)

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
London looks cold and frosty glad i am not going out. All day staff say its freezing out. Wrap up warm
It's nice that you feel content where you are for a bit... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
As are we all. Was it in "sweet" vinegar, normal vinegar or without? May be worth testing with one of others you didn't have?
What if it's not in any vinegar? Or are we supposed to pickle it? I can't eat it roasted...

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Still feeling glum today, and rather nauseous. BG 9.1 on rising, but took it an hour ago and it's gone up to 10.6! Even though I have had nothing to eat due to nausea! What's going on there? I would have thought it should go down naturally without food, or is that just my ignorance of the condition? Any ideas anyone?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still feeling glum today, and rather nauseous. BG 9.1 on rising, but took it an hour ago and it's gone up to 10.6! Even though I have had nothing to eat due to nausea! What's going on there? I would have thought it should go down naturally without food, or is that just my ignorance of the condition? Any ideas anyone?

All you have done is extend your fasting time, which can trigger the liver to produce extra glucose to keep you out of what it thinks is starvation mode. Its just the liver dump most likely, plus a bit from stress and illness maybe.

Reactions: 14 people

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
7.0 up slightly from bedtime reading of 6.7 but dramatically down on readings while on statins and HCLF of around 11.

Thank you all you knowledgeable and caring forum members.

Reactions: 15 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning. Pleased with my BP of 126/77 and a pulse of 79. Was 4.5 post-dinner last night.

Reactions: 14 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I hope you feel better soon... it's horrid not knowing what you've done wrong - especially when you feel sure you've done nothing wrong... I always feel guilty... stupidly....

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How do you know when you are ketogenic though... I am guessing I am as I have steadily lost 6 kilos, but now I've stopped - I'm getting too thin so that's good - but am I still ketogenic? I rarely eat carbs, other than what is in the low-carb veg I eat....

Reactions: 4 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
7.0 up slightly from bedtime reading of 6.7 but dramatically down on readings while on statins and HCLF of around 11.

Thank you all you knowledgeable and caring forum members.
Nice One!

Reactions: 10 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Bedtime - 6.4
Fasting - 6.3 :)

Good stuff Diana :)

6.1 here at 6 am for an early start - a bit disappointing after 4.5 > 5.6 for dinner last night.

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.