Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
aylalake: 741941 said:
:( 8.1 this morning (8.4 at bedtime). I had strawberries, 6 large ones, for dessert last night with my FF Greek Yoghurt as an experiment and I guess I will have to rule them off my list of can-eats.
What is your usual bedtime level? we are all different but mostly strawberries and Raspberries are fine, I have mine with cream so maybe it could carbs in yoghurt ? I

Reactions: 4 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK guys....are you ready....this is the culmination of all the hard work you have helped me to do with your love, guidance, wisdom, commitment, humour, frankness, honesty, knowledge, sympathy, empathy, and anything else you can think of.

My Hba1c after 3 months exactly is 38 and 5.6 Down from 86 and 12.3
Lets Celebrate...Lets party with LCHF

My DN said "how did you manage it, I have never seen such a reduction, are you still taking the Metformin?...er NO. Well done. Please go and tell people about your success to show what can be achieved." So guys I am telling you, Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all your help and guidance. You know who you are.:***::):playful::spitoutdummy::happy::cat::cat:

These are FANTASTIC results... Well Done! I'm so very pleased for you! :happy::happy:

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
OK guys....are you ready....this is the culmination of all the hard work you have helped me to do with your love, guidance, wisdom, commitment, humour, frankness, honesty, knowledge, sympathy, empathy, and anything else you can think of.

My Hba1c after 3 months exactly is 38 and 5.6 Down from 86 and 12.3
Lets Celebrate...Lets party with LCHF

My DN said "how did you manage it, I have never seen such a reduction, are you still taking the Metformin?...er NO. Well done. Please go and tell people about your success to show what can be achieved." So guys I am telling you, Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all your help and guidance. You know who you are.:***::):playful::spitoutdummy::happy::cat::cat:
So heartwarming... :) Well done... :) :singing:

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:( 8.1 this morning (8.4 at bedtime). I had strawberries, 6 large ones, for dessert last night with my FF Greek Yoghurt as an experiment and I guess I will have to rule them off my list of can-eats.

6 big strawberries is too many. I usually have 2 big ones or 4 small ones and chop them up so it looks more! (with 100g of Greek FF yog.) Try again with less. Or try raspberries as they have less carbs.

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning.

Weird, weird, weird, but not in such a wonderful way!

My last few readings have all been elevated for me; around 0.3 – 0.5 above my averages. I appreciate that means, in the bigger picture, that my bloods are still under 5.0, but they are raised for me. And whilst other people’s readings are interesting and informative, it’s my readings and my ranges that impact on me.

If I scrambled around looking for reasons for the rise I could go from an “erratic” tub of strips, to being subtly off colour with the lightest of snuffles, or stress. But, come on, I no longer have anything in my life that comes within a country mile of stress! I have irritations, like everyone else, and I had a few of those yesterday, but nothing that makes me miss a step.

So, I’m just going to get the old mantra out. “Record and move on”.

Have a good day playmates!

Reactions: 15 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning.

Weird, weird, weird, but not in such a wonderful way!

My last few readings have all been elevated for me; around 0.3 – 0.5 above my averages. I appreciate that means, in the bigger picture, that my bloods are still under 5.0, but they are raised for me. And whilst other people’s readings are interesting and informative, it’s my readings and my ranges that impact on me.

If I scrambled around looking for reasons for the rise I could go from an “erratic” tub of strips, to being subtly off colour with the lightest of snuffles, or stress. But, come on, I no longer have anything in my life that comes within a country mile of stress! I have irritations, like everyone else, and I had a few of those yesterday, but nothing that makes me miss a step.

So, I’m just going to get the old mantra out. “Record and move on”.

Have a good day playmates!

Your soul mate is in Paradise, you are left behind to sort out the house and packing, and you have a long journey ahead of you. There is bound to be some extra adrenalin tucked away in there somewhere .......

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

I wouldn't do that until you've done a pre and post 2hrs test ....

Reactions: 4 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 before dinner
6.2 after dinner
6.0 fasting
Something is not right either the strips or i am fighting infection I dont know
I do have a really sore throat today
I dont know what to take for it as cant take strepsils but its just sore throat no cough no fever
Have been taking hot herbal tea but not getting any better
It was very mild but then just started getting worse in last 2 days

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.