Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
6.9 don't know where that cam from apart from super meal out last night and possibly just possibly I had some chips , oops,
With my main course and also some ice cream for desert.

Knew it would not be a good reading for me this morning, but sometimes it just has to be done.

Off to my bike for some early exercise to get my readings back in the curve that I like.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Reactions: 23 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
5.7 fasting better than usual.also had fish and chips yesterday,

Reactions: 23 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
7.2 this morning seams my chest doesn't like working at night. Another attack at 3:30am got lots of pillows and top of bed raised. Think docs will be looking at med again tomorrow :-|
Two steps forward and one back... :( hope you feel better today...

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A yucky (for me) 4.7 for me today. I haven’t wavered from the virtuous path, so I’ll keep an eye on it. I have a lot going on at the moment, and am conscious of clearing the fridge, so I’m having some odd combinations, if not odd carb counts.

Last night I used my last home HbA1c test, which was bang in range with the others I have done, over the months. The last one I did, about 4 weeks ago (using them up before their expiry date) was slightly elevated, but this one is back in the zone, with all the others, so that gives me confidence.

I don’t have time to worry about the finger prick tests for now. If I’m still higher next weekend, I’ll perhaps give it a bit more head space.

Today I will be mainly packing, baking and getting the car washed before it goes into the garage for it’s “holiday”. I’ll try to keep half an eye on Andy Murray’s match in the background.

Have good day playmates!

Reactions: 20 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yeah tell me about it as anyone got a spare set of lungs :)
I feel for you - my youngest son is asthmatic and I can't bear watching him struggle... I'd rather go through it myself.. it's so difficult for your family to see you like this... Better soonest...

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A yucky (for me) 4.7 for me today. I haven’t wavered from the virtuous path, so I’ll keep an eye on it. I have a lot going on at the moment, and am conscious of clearing the fridge, so I’m having some odd combinations, if not odd carb counts.

Last night I used my last home HbA1c test, which was bang in range with the others I have done, over the months. The last one I did, about 4 weeks ago (using them up before their expiry date) was slightly elevated, but this one is back in the zone, with all the others, so that gives me confidence.

I don’t have time to worry about the finger prick tests for now. If I’m still higher next weekend, I’ll perhaps give it a bit more head space.

Today I will be mainly packing, baking and getting the car washed before it goes into the garage for it’s “holiday”. I’ll try to keep half an eye on Andy Murray’s match in the background.

Have good day playmates!
Whirlwind! Know how you feel... it's hard work deep-freezing your life to go somewhere else... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
After 4.4 yesterday I am back to a very disappointing 6.0 this morning... woke early with cats crawling all over me though - should have got up and tested instead of laying there with them for so long... :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 today. Can't seem to shake this cold. I'm find during day but when I wake up everything hurts and is bunged. Can't wait for some warmer brighter weather. I may have to emigrate to paradise too.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin at Midnight Testing Fasting Blood
4.9 Day 1
4.8 Day 2
5.9 Day 3 Today

Not sure what's happened today, took Metformin at midnight, went to bed very late 2 am, and did indulge yesterday evening. Meal out, which included, sm. slice white bread, crab fritters, chips (too many) Cheese 3 biscuits, No Testing, but at 11.57pm was 5.9. 2 squares of 70% then 6.8 at 1.47am Bed

See what happens tomorrow

5.353 mmol/L Average Fasting since 28 Oct 2014 (not including these readings)

Neil

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.2 this morning seams my chest doesn't like working at night. Another attack at 3:30am got lots of pillows and top of bed raised. Think docs will be looking at med again tomorrow :-|
Sorry to hear you had another attack last night. Made me think of sleep apnoea when you said that about chest not liking to work at night.... hope things improve today.....

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

4.3 this morning. My first reading was a rather surprising 3.7 so another 2 tests at 4.3 and 4.4 and I have ignored the first one, then gone for the lower of the two, still a very good one for me anyway. Codefree batch ending 4056, which seems to have been pretty sound generally.

Maxwell
Aaarghhhh :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: you've said it now ........

S

Sable_Jan

Have good day playmates!
That's a fantastic fasting, don't be so hard on yourself.......:(

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.1 today. Can't seem to shake this cold. I'm find during day but when I wake up everything hurts and is bunged. Can't wait for some warmer brighter weather. I may have to emigrate to paradise too.
olbas oil on a tissue by the bed works for me

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.