Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
It's a downloadable app that helps calculate everything diet wise. I think its brill it's helps with working out your cals according to height and weight, and also has a database of food items, so it's easy to work out you intake each meal. It's worth a look, it helps me keep on track :)
Do you not low--carb then?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks Bluetit, Sable and Dibbles. Looks like I am going to have to stop the cream :-(

After I've finished the gallons I have in the fridge, that is!
Don't you need the fat if you're low-carbing? I am getting confused.. :confused::)

Reactions: 2 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning:)
I am beginning to think that my New Year focus on getting back in the gym regularly and trying to keep my carbs to less than 100g per day on average are showing some benefits to my fasting levels now.

Maxwell

Reactions: 16 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.2 this morning:)
I am beginning to think that my New Year focus on getting back in the gym regularly and trying to keep my carbs to less than 100g per day on average are showing some benefits to my fasting levels now.

Maxwell
That's brilliant - all the hard work is paying off, obviously... :)

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.4 today.... forgot to test as soon as I woke up, so it just creeps up and up with every 5 minutes that goes by it seems... :(

Reactions: 14 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 would think the needle was stuck on my meter, same exact reading as yesterday.

Plenty of snow outside will have to leave for work a few minutes earlier today.

Happy days keep well everyone and have a good one.

Reactions: 17 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dissapointed and disgusted with these readings
5.3 before dinner
6.6 after dinner of spinach cheese omlette
6.4 fasting
I will try to keep my strips in a warmer place tomorrow and see if that makes any difference as at the moment they are in the bathroom and its freezing all the time.
Although I know 6 is not that bad but it's gone from 5's to 6's so quickly
Is it winter is it me I don't know but I need to get to bottom of this
Couldn't even sleep properly although I saw a dream of high carb meal in front of me and I am saying no to it
Imagine that's in my dreams, I am conscious that I can't eat carbs even while sleeping.

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.8 this morning after a nice sleep in my own bed what a difference your own bed makes.
Wrap up warm

Reactions: 19 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
5.2 that'll do me.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Took mine 6.2- strips and meter felt freezing cold so popped them under duvet with me. Took again 5.5 - so will average at 5.9

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Bluetit, Sable and Dibbles. Looks like I am going to have to stop the cream :-(

After I've finished the gallons I have in the fridge, that is!
@pavlovsdog i would assume that as long as you are using the cream as part of your calorie goal you can keep on eating it. If you google "not loosing weight on lchf diet" you will find there are lots of reasons why the weight slows or stops. It might be worth checking this out first.

Reactions: 10 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 Aaaargh! Hate going over 5.5. Didn't test last night as I was only having some chicken with mixed vegetables and a 9 bar afterwards. Restless night as my son wasn't well so that probably didn't help.

Just out of interest I still use a Contour machine but I notice on the web that it says that this machine has been upgraded to a Contour XT or Contour Next. Is it essential to upgrade? I just bought some strips off Ebay for the existing machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this fine morning.... I have a day off work today so decided to go and get my hair done...:) too hours of me time what could be Better.

Reactions: 16 people

alliebee

A very miserable 8.9 due entirely to be sick of pain and half a bag of maltesers and feeling sorry for myself....to make it worse I felt no better for scoffing them. ( shakes self). ( pulls self up by boot straps)

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Tough stuff alliebee :) Backing you up here :)

Mike

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.