Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.9 isn't overly high in itself but it depends what you tested at beforehand - to give you the full impact. its the carbohydrates in the weetabix. You may find that you can manage one without spiking your bs too much. Also what milk do you use? I can have a reasonable portion of porridge as long as I use soya milk - I buy Sainsbury's "fresh" unsweetened as it is < 0.5g carbs per 250mls - the Basics longlife one is 1.8g carbs for the same amount (I did wrongly quote it as 5 a while back :meh:) so you could try your usual amount - presuming you have 2? with soya milk and do the test again. If the results are reasonable test the same breakfast a few days in a row then decide if you can add it to your "ok" list

Hope this helps
Jan
going to make lunch now , hubby just asked me whats for dinner, he's hungry lol be back later , have a great afternoon all hugsssss

Reactions: 5 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
That's sooooo lovely you had a nice sleep in your own bed @loulou99782 - hospital beds aren't the most comfortable in the world are they and so often too much going on, lights are on etc etc....

Stay home and relax - venture out when its warmer
I am not going out till at least Saturday or Sunday:). It feels too cold out there:stop:. I am nice and warm under duvet in front of telly catching up on programes I have recorded with a good brew:D:happy:

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Potentially I guess - I was prediabetic last year and got my HbA1c down to "normal" levels but I consider myself to be at risk of going back up if I don't follow what I have been doing for the last 12 months, and not just at risk of going to pre but also to diabetic levels - it was afterall my old lifestyle that got me there in the first place...

Good that you are so aware and made the correct changes at this stage, you've done well to get back to normal levels

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@pavlovsdog - what is titrating on insulin please in your signature - I keep meaning to ask

Oh, I should change that as I an a stable dose now. It's just a process of incrementally increasing doses until you are on the optimal level. I forget about my sig as I'm usually on my tablet and don't see it!

Reactions: 6 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 today, then 5.2 after breakfast and a trip to the dog park. Chicken vegetable soup for lunch.

Reactions: 16 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
How awful.... is there no alternative?... it's scary stuff.. my 92 year-old mum is on it - she never complains, but she does run - hobble fast - to the loo when I'm skyping her, a lot... Poor mum, I need to ask her... :(
My Consultant took me off it last October thank goodness! From other comments on the forum it seems most folks find it settles down after a bit, or change to SR, but that didn't work for me either :-( However after reading a bit about Forxiga I might ask if I can try that and get rid of the Sitagliptin. Also it might help with weight loss :)
Might be worth asking your mum if she's dashing to the loo all the time, bless her :run:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
My Consultant took me off it last October thank goodness! From other comments on the forum it seems most folks find it settles down after a bit, or change to SR, but that didn't work for me either :-( However after reading a bit about Forxiga I might ask if I can try that and get rid of the Sitagliptin. Also it might help with weight loss :)
Might be worth asking your mum if she's dashing to the loo all the time, bless her :run:
I asked her tonight if she had any pain and she said, 'No, but how awful that some of your friends do...' :) She does hobble quickly to the loo though... she vomits occasionally too... bless - she's as bright as a button and up for anything... she still has a wonderful soprano voice, too... :singing: The dustbin men heard her singing one day and all stood listening to her outside the kitchen... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am not going out till at least Saturday or Sunday:). It feels too cold out there:stop:. I am nice and warm under duvet in front of telly catching up on programes I have recorded with a good brew:D:happy:
Perfect... :) So nice to be home and tucked in... Enjoy...

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
i get the same symptoms but some days are better than others where i am okay and i have been on it now since 2008
That's not much fun love.... :(

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, my period of erratic blood scores continues, frustratingly. This morning was 4.8, but again that’s outside my usual 3.5-4.5 “business as usual” range. I have arrived in Paradise, with a little jetlag, but nothing extreme, but this morning I had swollen glands and a headache. Unusually for me, I resorted to Ibuprofen to shift it, and that has worked.

It’s all very frustrating. I thought, when I was on my flight, that I had reset the numbers, with a 4.1 and 3.6 after a very carby, diabetic meal. To be fair, it wasn’t what any of we reduced carbers would have chosen to eat, but was better than the standard fare. What really got me was the Almond and Coconut Kheer for desert. It was a modest portion, and I decided as my pre-lunch test was acceptable, I would try it. It was so incredibly sweet, and merely reminded me why I generally just don’t bother with deserts these days. The (diabetic meal) sandwich for tea contained 28g of carb, and followed up by a small pot of black grapes, a couple of orange segments and a few pomegrate seeds. By then, I had already passed on the ice cream.

With the arrival of these viral symptoms, I’m going to give myself until mid-week next week to see what’s happening with my numbers. I’ll wait a bit longer if a cold comes out. By then, I will probably be able to draw my own conclusions about what’s actually going on. It’s such a shame I ended up finishing a batch with the add out-lying reading, and going onto a whole new batch at this time of change. I have agreed with my OH, that during this settling in period, I will be very much on the straight and narrow, so that I can be sure any upward shift is not due to dietary slip, but something else. I really, really hope my body isn’t going to start taking the Mikey, whilst I’m away. But, I’ll decide on an appropriate time to have another HbA1c, here, and take it from there.

My new strips are those ending in 44. I have rather a lot of them! I supplied up to last me through to August/September time, so you can imagine. That said, I am doing a fair number if re-tests because of the bonkers numbers, so I may have miscalculated. We’ll see.

Play nicely boys and girls. Normal service will be resumed soon, I hope.

Reactions: 16 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin at Midnight, Testing Fasting Blood
4.9 Day 1
4.8 Day 2
5.9 Day 3
5.0 Day 4
5.6 Day 5
5.4 Day 6
5.7 Day 7 Today ......Average 5.32 fast on test. Looking at the averages now isn't any different, the original Averages was based on 77 readings I won't be doing that many but I will continue for a little while longer.

Average 5.353 mmol/L Fasting since 28 Oct 2014 (not including above readings)

Metformin at midnight, with two 'Baby Bel' cheese's and black coffee, as it says take with food, went to bed 12.45am. Up at 7.30am.

Neil

Reactions: 14 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I asked her tonight if she had any pain and she said, 'No, but how awful that some of your friends do...' :) She does hobble quickly to the loo though... she vomits occasionally too... bless - she's as bright as a button and up for anything... she still has a wonderful soprano voice, too... :singing: The dustbin men heard her singing one day and all stood listening to her outside the kitchen... :)

How lovely :) (the dustbin men listening I mean!) My mother used to sing, not soprano though. She used to sound very like Anne Shelton. Haven't heard her sing for ages, though she did show off at Christmas 2013 by singing ' come all ye faithful' in Latin!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I hope your lurgy is just due to travelling, stuffy plane, jet lag, and not developing into anything long lasting. Glad you arrived safely and are back in your Paradise.

I started batch 44 yesterday. Not totally happy - I'm seeing some very erratic readings when I re-test, and I have had to re-test a few times because of abnormally high first tests. Example 6.5 at bedtime. My monthly averages are all low 5's for bedtime. Good luck!

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

Oh, I should change that as I an a stable dose now. It's just a process of incrementally increasing doses until you are on the optimal level. I forget about my sig as I'm usually on my tablet and don't see it!
Me too - phone App or tablet (now I've got one to save my shoulder, thumb and eyes in bed where I do my evening posts)

S

Sable_Jan

Thanks for that by the way - forgot to say in first reply

Status
Not open for further replies.