Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning, still waking early with thumping heartbeat.

Take care. I get this a lot( it's part of what drove me to GP in first place) - I can tell when it's going to happen as I'm usually in that half asleep vivid dreaming phase and then bang. I think the stress comes out in our sleep - last time I was dreaming Mr E was being attacked and I couldn't find the buttons to dial 999 on my phone.

Reactions: 7 people

merrym

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
most shellfish
6.5 Brrrrr over here :confused: -30, feels like -41with windchill factored in. Happy Wednesday everyone :)

Reactions: 13 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got back from DESMOND and I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with the content of know course.
They explained all about T2 clearly and concisely, went through all food groups and even advocated cutting down on carbs.
The best bit was when they gave us our most recent blood results which they had got from our GP. I had mine done end of Jan and my hbaI has gone down from 8.5 on diagnosis last October to 6.0. I am well chuffed with that, cholesterol is 3.3. I am due a review with my DPN next week so hopefully it will all be ok.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just got back from DESMOND and I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with the content of know course.
They explained all about T2 clearly and concisely, went through all food groups and even advocated cutting down on carbs.
The best bit was when they gave us our most recent blood results which they had got from our GP. I had mine done end of Jan and my hbaI has gone down from 8.5 on diagnosis last October to 6.0. I am well chuffed with that, cholesterol is 3.3. I am due a review with my DPN next week so hopefully it will all be ok.
Good controls , well done ::))

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done!!! Keep it up.

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone, I will kick the meds if it's the last thing I do. Just shows that low carbs work;)

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
But we are part of the support supplying transport & get blamed for everything lol, but that's life.

Been in this game to long, but retirement for me is a big no no, can't play golf all the time.
You're as bad as my husband - says he'll never retire - but I can if I like... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Take care. I get this a lot( it's part of what drove me to GP in first place) - I can tell when it's going to happen as I'm usually in that half asleep vivid dreaming phase and then bang. I think the stress comes out in our sleep - last time I was dreaming Mr E was being attacked and I couldn't find the buttons to dial 999 on my phone.
That's horrible... no wonder your heart was thumping... :(

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.5 Brrrrr over here :confused: -30, feels like -41with windchill factored in. Happy Wednesday everyone :)
That's way too cold for comfort... :coldfeet:Keep your woolly socks on... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks everyone, I will kick the meds if it's the last thing I do. Just shows that low carbs work;)
You're doing brilliantly... :) Did you take your uncle? :)

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You're doing brilliantly... :) Did you take your uncle? :)
No. To be fair he was going to come but my mum couldn't dog sit for him.she wasn't feeling to good. It's a shame he would have enjoyed it. Both mum and the dog are octegenarians, both feeling their age, especially in this cold weather.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No. To be fair he was going to come but my mum couldn't dog sit for him.she wasn't feeling to good. It's a shame he would have enjoyed it. Both mum and the dog are octegenarians, both feeling their age, especially in this cold weather.
You can always share your knowledge with him... shame he couldn't go, but dogs and mums come first - always.... :) Glad you enjoyed it though.. do you think there might be light at the end of the tunnel with the NHS and LCHF at last? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin at Midnight, Testing Fasting Blood

Day 1..Day 2..Day 3..Day 4..Day 5..Day 6..Day 7..Day 8....Day 9...Day10....Day 11...Day12....Day 13
.4.9.......4.8.......5.9......5.0.......5.6.....5.4......5.7..........5.8.........5.9........5.6.........5.7..........5.5............5.7

Today ......Average 5.5 fast on test. Looking at these averages does not seem to be making any difference, it is disappointing, the original Averages was based on 77 readings.

Normal Average Fasting 5.353 mmol/L since 28 Oct 2014 (not including above readings)

Early readings 4.9 & 4.8 when I first changed the time I took the Metformin & thought this looks interesting, The jury's out.

This is Metformin at Midnight, went right again this time had Medication on Time 1 x Babybel.

l will continue.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.