Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.6 I think this morning.
Right now I'm 12!!!!!
Haven't been this high for a long time .... banging headache.
I fell for the spotted **** and custard at tea time ......
That'll do it alright... :( I hope you enjoyed it, I love custard.... if I make it low-carb though, what will I put it one? Almond pastry apple pies? :hungry: That's a project for today...

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Looking that way, & now Trudie's eat fat army are on the case the word is spreading. lol.
Who is Trudie? What 'eat fat army'? Isn't that us... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I do sometimes wonder at GPs. I suffer from anxiety so do get them at other times , but the night ones were/ are different. I tested a few times in case I'd had a low but never picked one up, though of course I may have been on a rebound by then. My GP suggested a thinner nightie as I can't take HRT due to family breast cancer risk.
Blimey... idiot.... Could you be eating something with high histamine content that your body doesn't like? I had a panic attack in the night for the first time in my life - woke up in a huge funk, heart beating hard and sweating... frightened for no reason.... looked it up and one thing anxiety comes from is food with a high histamine content sometimes... I'd eaten too much hazel-nut flour cooked into bread and biscuits - plus a couple of other things on top... but it's amazing how badly affected we can be by histamine levels... The list is long of products containing high levels of histamine... I just over-dosed on a few things in one day I think... I'm careful not to eat too much of anything through being too lazy to cook now... :(

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mine have improved since diagnosis so the diabetes must have played a part. It might be worth mentioning it to your HCPs - the least they could do is offer to run an ECG just to check for any possible issues.
Do you think it's improved since diagnosis since you started low-carbing? Could it have been food that you were 'sensitive' to that was triggering your anxiety? I'd be interested to know if anyone else has problems too, and how they deal with them as my poor granddaughter suffers terribly with anxiety and it rules her life sometimes....

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
108/6.2? :(

Reactions: 7 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning.
Went to bed on 4.9.
I was a little apprenhensive going to sleep so low, Sleepina got the best of me taking me to the land of dreams..........I Love sleep

Reactions: 21 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning according to batch 44.....so I'm thinking more like 5.4 or 5. 5 in truth!
I will endeavour to pop on @AndBreathe's topic and record some of my random highs later.....

Reactions: 17 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.7 this chilly morning first day back at Cancer Research on light duties can't wait to be back.

Reactions: 16 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.2 with Accu strips supplied by NHS, I am allowed 1 tub every 2 months , so saved them up and using them all at once.

Back to my codefree shortly, not checked the batch number but hoping its not ending 44.

Bloods this morning, first since diagnosis in May, more than a little nervous to see if I have been doing the right thing.

Well we shall see and I will doubtless bore you good people whichever way it goes.

Have a great day.

Reactions: 16 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
4.8 this morning.
Went to bed on 4.9.
I was a little apprenhensive going to sleep so low, Sleepina got the best of me taking me to the land of dreams..........I Love sleep

Safest place on the planet!
Like being back in the womb I suppose.:cool:

Reactions: 13 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Having a four's might have been helped by the fact I'm on a fasting blood test this morning so no grub after ten last night .

Reactions: 9 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Having a four's might have been helped by the fact I'm on a fasting blood test this morning so no grub after ten last night .
Good luck , I'm same as you regarding blood tests 08.20 this morning for me, no mention about fasting though oops.

Too late now had my Burgen and tea.

Reactions: 10 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.2 this am....altered my humilog fast acting to a mixed last eve same as I have in a morning and it has lowered it a little so fingers crossed:p

Reactions: 20 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck , I'm same as you regarding blood tests 08.20 this morning for me, no mention about fasting though oops.

Too late now had my Burgen and tea.
Mmmm burgen my favorite is the chai and linseed. Had wheatabix and hot soy milk. I am lucky can get away with moderate carbs

Reactions: 10 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 after staying in the 5's and 6's all day yesterday.:banghead:

Today I see the dietician who believes in regular daily monitoring of our bs before and after each meal and morning and night. Let's hope we can solve the mystery of my stubborn fasting bs as I approach the first anniversary of converting to LCHF If I didn't feel so well and couldn't see other improvements, I'd have given up a long time ago based on my fasting results!

Reactions: 19 people
Status
Not open for further replies.