Mods and Rockers

S

Sable_Jan

Guess I was neither. Here's me in 1972, listening to my dad's 8-tracks, in my mini-dress. My mom would yell at me for listening to music for long periods because the heavy headphones made my ears bright red. :D
weren't you considerate using the headphones

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Had such good fun on this thread last night, really cheered me up, well music was involved too :happy: and still loving it :joyful:

Reactions: 7 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My brother had a Rumi motor bike which was tiny, it sounded like a colony of bee's coming down the road, I believe it was Italian, but it went like a bullet, ZUB ZUB.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to know some mods, horrible lot these though, called themselves the Betlyturf Gang. Don't ask me why but it seemed like whatever you did they knew about it and if it was something that upset them, they wouldn't hesitate to let you know. A good mate of mine who was a member once did something wrong which upset the gang and he had all privileges related to this club taken from him for a while which meant he couldn't take part in any of the activities of the club. Being a loyal member though, he stayed and I think he still keeps in touch with some of the other members even today including me. Anyway, I sold my Lambretta and bought a "Y" reg Givern import, worst thing on Gods earth. It started ok and sat there idling but try to get any sort of response from it......................no chance, it was like flogging a dead horse. Needless to say we parted and I ended up getting a car.

I think my neighbour brought your Givern all mouth no trousers.

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I wonder who would be a Mod or a Rocker nowadays if it ever became popular again, I don't remember any of it back in 64, far too young.

Mod music from the 80's

@nosher8355 , enjoy :D I have this on vinyl :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sable_Jan

I used to know some mods, horrible lot these though, called themselves the Betlyturf Gang. Don't ask me why but it seemed like whatever you did they knew about it and if it was something that upset them, they wouldn't hesitate to let you know. A good mate of mine who was a member once did something wrong which upset the gang and he had all privileges related to this club taken from him for a while which meant he couldn't take part in any of the activities of the club. Being a loyal member though, he stayed and I think he still keeps in touch with some of the other members even today including me. Anyway, I sold my Lambretta and bought a "Y" reg Givern import, worst thing on Gods earth. It started ok and sat there idling but try to get any sort of response from it......................no chance, it was like flogging a dead horse. Needless to say we parted and I ended up getting a car.
Always had a liking for the looks of a big bike..... Harley's always drew me..... was just something about the mods, can't place it but always seemed a bit "up themselves" to me - seemed a bit as if they thought themselves as something above everyone else, something special, you know what I mean. You and your mate sounded "sound" though but what you've said about the rest of the gang pretty much confirms my thoughts......

Obviously I was too young back then to be either ;) but I know which I would have chosen based on what I've read about them

S

Sable_Jan

What sort of car a clapped out old banger was it adrian ? :rolleyes:ps I have never ridden on a bike before, but your one sounded useless and I think too scary for me.:nailbiting:
I guess it was a scooter of some sort, not well up on imports but it doesn't sound like it had the b*lls to be a proper bike :D - certainly didn't sound like it gave a smooth ride that's for sure.....no real power

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I guess it was a scooter of some sort, not well up on imports but it doesn't sound like it had the b*lls to be a proper bike :D - certainly didn't sound like it gave a smooth ride that's for sure.....no real power

Didn't they get called 'hair driers' all puff and noise, (or something else ) or am I thinking of something else :rolleyes:

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like it went backwards ;)
I think you had to be backwards to own one.
Sorry to anybody that has actually had anything to do with one of these but they were / are still pretty useless.
Best bike I ever had was a NORTON COMMANDO 750, the ones the police had. When I had that I wore leathers and thought I owned the road. A Ton up boy I was then (that meant to those who don't know) that I used to do 100 miles per hour where I could, hence ton up.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Too young to be a Mod or a Rocker , I doubt that I would have been either though. I never was into rock or pop or fashion really.
I've found a picture of exactly where I was on the 23 June 1968 though .I remember it very clearly, I was Just 16 and my parents would have been horrified if they had known about it.
anti apartheid.PNG

K

Kat100

You love your cars ...little rocker ....

K

Kat100

I think you had to be backwards to own one.
Sorry to anybody that has actually had anything to do with one of these but they were / are still pretty useless.
Best bike I ever had was a NORTON COMMANDO 750, the ones the police had. When I had that I wore leathers and thought I owned the road. A Ton up boy I was then (that meant to those who don't know) that I used to do 100 miles per hour where I could, hence ton up.
Oooo the ones the police had , always thought our chimp was police ...yes :eek::wideyed::watching:

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

This thread has really bought back the memories ...for so many of us ...thanks x

I remember my first pair of hot pants lol :singing::stop: