Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is a remarkable achievement CarbsRok, very well done and hope you get to the 75 year mark :)

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

Not sure to say 'well done' or not. I never thought that I would be still using insulin after 49yrs :( I thought that I would only have diabetes for 10 or 15yrs and then a cure would be found. Amazing how time flies by and we all just get on with our lives as best we can.

Reactions: 7 people

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Really pleased for you, hope I can emulate that 3ish years and counting lol

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Not sure to say 'well done' or not. I never thought that I would be still using insulin after 49yrs :( I thought that I would only have diabetes for 10 or 15yrs and then a cure would be found. Amazing how time flies by and we all just get on with our lives as best we can.
Lol I was told there would be a cure within 5 years, that was 45 years ago. Mind you as they haven't found a cure for the common cold, I doubt diabetes is high on the list :)

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I was told a cure within 20 years-30+ years ago!!!
Told I would get complications, a shorter life and a medal at 25 years..all bulls**t currently!!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I was told a cure within 20 years-30+ years ago!!!
Told I would get complications, a shorter life and a medal at 25 years..all bulls**t currently!!
There used to be 15 year medal, but they were stopped when the British diabetic association decided far to many people were living way beyond the 15 year mark so they then took the 25 year medal away as well.
Looking on the bright side the 50 year medal will probably go soon as well as so many living way beyond this date :)

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
More congratulations than an actual 50th birthday-lol:):)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Remember coming home from hospital and crying my eyes out after being diagnosed, my dad said don't worry as medical science was moving at a fast pace and they'd likely be a cure in the next 10 years.............that was 33 years ago :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9 people

iHs

Remember coming home from hospital and crying my eyes out after being diagnosed, my dad said don't worry as medical science was moving at a fast pace and they'd likely be a cure in the next 10 years.............that was 33 years ago :rolleyes:

I am hoping that within the next 5 to 10yrs, technology will change how diabetics control their glucose levels re cgm for sure and pumps becoming the artificial pancreas......

Reactions: 6 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am not type 1, but having even only a small idea of what you need to do EVERY DAY year in and year out makes me marvel at your fantastic resolve and determination. SALUTE !!!

Reactions: 9 people

linda321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done CarbsRock! And to everyone else who has been diabetic for a good number of years. You are all very inspiring to me as a 'newcomer' to insulin!

Reactions: 11 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
respect to you Sir !!

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.