Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhh... you must get so fed up sometimes Lou.... What a barrage life unleashed on you...
I can get frustrated when I wake up whezzy and tight chested at 4:30am and then can't get back to sleep even after taking meds. Going to ring asthma nurse later

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
@s_k_s
4.7 this morning. Devised some hotel room exercises (Squats, Step-ups, Push-ups and Crunches).......am I happy or am I happy?
You are happy I would guess... :)

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning:)

Off for a long weekend up to Oulton Park so may not be quite as good for the next couple of days

Maxwell

Reactions: 18 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Been behaving as though just on a diet and then conformed to type...naughty eating 'start again tomorrow' all those blooming excuses that got me here in the first place DENIAL. So re-purchased some testing strips yeasterday afternoon, today I start regular testing and flipping well take control! That's me telling myself off in public.
Hi Bewildered... :) Bless you, you're in the place we were, and sometimes still are, in... No worries... you're not alone, trust me... And for the record, you did NOT get yourself there, the diabetes got you there... the new thinking is coming round to believing that you get 'there' because you are pre-diabetic, not the other way round... we do not tolerate guilt and self-flagellation on here... :) Support and understanding is the key.... Welcome... :singing: Have you checked back on the 'What have you eaten today' thread? You will see what we are all eating to lose weight and control numbers... it's a lovely way to eat, if a trifle difficult... :) Stick with it and slowly, slowly it will come round... you won't know yourself in a few months... :) Sorry if everyone else has already told you all this.... :rolleyes: Couldn't stop myself from telling you not to blame yourself for anything...

Reactions: 11 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.4 this morning after being 6.8 on going to bed last night.

Quick question - if you have two meters and one reads higher than the other constantly, which would you go by on a day by day basis? I need new strips and am not sure which meter to continue using.
I would go for the highest... that way, if your numbers come down, you can feel really good... :) It's a difficult one...

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you it's just I need a lot of room when I get snappy, would never use my fists but my mouth does some damage if you know what I mean :sour:

Stick with ,I used to smoke 80 a day, that was almost 26 years ago. Its bxxxxy hard to stop but the rewards are great. The golden rule is never again, not even one puff.

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.9 today quite chesty this morning, maybe need to up steroids cause on 15mg a day and this is when trouble often starts

Reactions: 14 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Haven't Done my Bg for a week or so and it was 8.6 .This seems to be 'Normal' for me when I wake up.
Are you not testing before and after meals, so you know what your food is doing to your BG? If you want to control your levels you really do need to know what spikes you and what keeps the numbers nice and low... :) Sorry, I sound bossy... :sorry::rolleyes: Don't mean to be...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.6 am after 7.4 last night.... dinner went on for a long time....
If I eat late and keep sipping the red wine I seem to have lower readings in the morning... liver is fooled into thinking I'm ok I suppose... :)

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4.5 !!! Fasting after eating hazelnuts at bedtime. Only got walnuts left now.... Rarely have FOURS and never in a row....surely the nuts can no longer be deemed coincidence?....interesting to say the least. Did you try them @Susikav?
I did my dear.... didn't do a thing it seems... :) Must be your system - it works differently to everyone else's I reckon... :) You are a rare bird indeed... :cool:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Is it worth another discussion with your medics about strips, now you are on Victoza? As a drug which can, by virtue of the pancreatic stimulation, induce a hypo, you need to test quite often.

Whatever the detail of the readings, all meters on the UK market will comply with UK regulatory standards, and if you are self-funding, it will be tempting to buy Codefree strips, as we all know they are extremely competitively priced. Does your nurse look at your meter when you go? If so, what does she look at?

The only other niggle I have is surrounding motor insurance, if you drive. If, heaven forbid, you were in a significant accident and your readings examined, as part of the claim process, how many meters would you have to show? I'm just extrapolating, and imagining a period of fractious dialogue between you and your insurers as to why you use two different meters, but maybe others do this too, and it's not a problem.

But, to summarise, surely, to support your lifestyle/work/driving requirements, you need adequate strips?

Could this be worth a thread of its own, where others with more experience could comment, rather than me start derailing this one?
Lots to think about there AB.... The car insurance is a very good point... Can we keep the discussion on here, if everyone agrees, as I often don't have time to visit other threads? It's not derailing, it's very relevant....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.9 today quite chesty this morning, maybe need to up steroids cause on 15mg a day and this is when trouble often starts
Awww... how disappointing for you... you are a trouper... never complaining...

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.