Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

End of the FOURS 5.5 this morning. Only had a few hazelnuts left so also ate some dry roasted peanuts AND had a rare whiskey...... Rare as in not often any more

Reactions: 16 people

Gabe86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@Gabe86 the app actually depends on the phone you are using

There is one in samsung called s-health I think it comes preinstalled with it
There should be something on iphone too but I am not aware of it, never used that
But to be honest I dont really find them correct, I normally measure the distance I walk on google maps, its a lot more accurate and I see how much time I walked that in to get an idea of the speed I walked that at.
But that is what I do
Then you have calculators online where you can enter your age height weight etc and get how many calories you burnt.
Hope this helps.
Thank you

Reactions: 2 people

Gabe86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry if anyone finds I'm late to answer you for most of u r on different time zone I apologize thanks this morning fasting 9.3

Reactions: 17 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry if anyone finds I'm late to answer you for most of u r on different time zone I apologize thanks this morning fasting 9.3
Dont worry Gabe we are all over the world here on the forum. You are beginning to get good numbers but still a long way off from 5's or 6's but a progress is a progress no matter what and I am really happy how you have got it down from 30's i remember to less than 10.
Great going all the best and you will get into 5's and 6's soon with the way you have made progress so far.

Reactions: 19 people
S

Sable_Jan

No worries Gabe. There's a globe trotted or two, some in Canada, some Australia.... And we're none of us around at the same time of day anyhow. Not a bad 9.3, its creeping down nicely :)

Reactions: 12 people

Gabe86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No worries Gabe. There's a globe trotted or two, some in Canada, some Australia.... And we're none of us around at the same time of day anyhow. Not a bad 9.3, its creeping down nicely :)
Thanks sable

Reactions: 4 people

jonjaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid doctors
Hi mine is twixt 11 and 5.8 does a coffee milk no sugar screw up the reading?

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
If I eat late and keep sipping the red wine I seem to have lower readings in the morning... liver is fooled into thinking I'm ok I suppose... :)
I just love long diners and red wine but I don't know what it does to my BS yet , think I may find out tomorrow night !!!:nailbiting:

Reactions: 12 people

Gabe86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dont worry Gabe we are all over the world here on the forum. You are beginning to get good numbers but still a long way off from 5's or 6's but a progress is a progress no matter what and I am really happy how you have got it down from 30's i remember to less than 10.
Great going all the best and you will get into 5's and 6's soon with the way you have made progress so far.
Thanks brettsza

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Stick with ,I used to smoke 80 a day, that was almost 26 years ago. Its bxxxxy hard to stop but the rewards are great. The golden rule is never again, not even one puff.
47 years finished on 40 a day, thanks for the advice

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots to think about there AB.... The car insurance is a very good point... Can we keep the discussion on here, if everyone agrees, as I often don't have time to visit other threads? It's not derailing, it's very relevant....

It's not my call whether anyone starts a new thread or not, but I'd say it wasn't relevant to this thread topic, and I doubt would come up in any search made for relating meters/insurance/strips etc, which is more to my point.

Whilst you may not have time to visit other threads, you could watch the thread, with alerts, and that emails you every time anyone responds to a thread. I personally, find it very difficult visiting this thread these days. I have to wade through a load of chit chat to find what I might be looking for, which is a shame.

But the threads belong to the posters. @cazza54 - I haven't caught up this morning yet, so apologies if you have already taken action on this, but can you see my point about searches?

Status
Not open for further replies.