FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Yeah there is a bit of a wait at the moment, hence the silly ebay prices!!!

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not wearing mine for a few days for a rest, and to get my changeover day onto a Monday. I Really miss it!

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've been using it for six months and thanks to issues with Abbott website, my payment got screwed up. I'm now without for a week. It will be a challenge.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just taken the sensor off and discovered that the reason it itched for a few days was bleeding. The adhesive after fourteen days also pulled some skin off! Ouch.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just taken the sensor off and discovered that the reason it itched for a few days was bleeding. The adhesive after fourteen days also pulled some skin off! Ouch.
I had a hard lump on mine. Some weird scab I think. I'm taking a few days off.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've put my latest sensor on my upper thigh. Seems to be accurate but I accidentally pulled on it and there's now a constant aching feeling around the area. Any opinions on whether I should take it off? Worried if it could be doing any harm.

Also, my last sensor on my arm has left a nasty red rash. It's not at all itchy or painful - any tips for what I can use on it?

I've had an aching feeling occasionally on the odd sensor - especially when I've hit the sensor on the door - I really should be more careful. Anyway, it didn't seem to do any harm and stopped within a couple of days. Maybe give it a couple of days and if still aching, ring Abbott to see what they say. Obviously don't admit it's not on your arm!

As for the rash, I've found the mark takes flippin ages to heal, but the quickest method for me has been to clean it thoroughly and put a Compeed blister plaster on it and keep that on for a week, then use BioOil once I've removed the plaster.

Smidge

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Might be worth trying a barrier wipe to protect the skin in future. I've certainly found that SkinTac helps prevent my skin being pulled off with the sensor. They will send you a free sample to see if it works for you if you go onto the MG Healthcare UK website.

Smidge

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had an aching feeling occasionally on the odd sensor - especially when I've hit the sensor on the door - I really should be more careful. Anyway, it didn't seem to do any harm and stopped within a couple of days. Maybe give it a couple of days and if still aching, ring Abbott to see what they say. Obviously don't admit it's not on your arm!

As for the rash, I've found the mark takes flippin ages to heal, but the quickest method for me has been to clean it thoroughly and put a Compeed blister plaster on it and keep that on for a week, then use BioOil once I've removed the plaster.

Smidge
Thanks! I persevered and it went after a couple days...feels fine now so think it was just from where I hit it. Appreciate the tips for the rash too - will try the Compeed blister plaster and BioOil.

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
got my new sensor today, feels great having it back. but still to hear back from them ref my replacement

obates

I have a question about applying new sensor 24hrs early to allow for it to settle.
I did this on my prev sensor whis was due to be replaced friday, so i applied it thursday night. Scanned as usual on friday as new sensor. Then yesterday it was due to expire around 8 pm and when i got up in the morning it scanned and then around 8am the scanner said that was unable to scan and please start new sensor... so it kinda finished 12hrs earlier than it should of been. I have not had this problem with previous sensors which applied on after prev one expired. So was just wondering if this is a common issue or not. Is there smth built in in the sensor to identify how long it has been insertde?

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
I'm sure it's been answered before; but what additional tape do people recommend? i.e. tape to go over the sensor to make sure it doesn't drop off?

I was on a Go Ape Adventure Park at the weekend with my children and when I got off I realised in all the excitement my sensor had been knocked off.

That was pretty annoying as I'm rationing myself to 4 a year at the moment...

Thanks

Dillinger

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Dillinger - that's really annoying! Did you find the sensor? If so, might be worth phoning Abbott and explaining that it has fallen off within a few days and asking if they'll replace it - they would want the sensor returned to investigate why it didn't stick properly. If you didn't find it, I'd still be tempted to ring them and explain it simply fell off and you didn't notice until later. Worth a try.

That aside, if mine starts to come loose I cut a circle of OpSite Flexifix (you can get it on amazon) big enough to comfortably cover the sensor and the sensor skirt completely and overlap by at least 1 cm all round and carefully stick that over it - mine tend to come loose on about day 11 and I use that to secure it for its remaining time.

If you're doing anything that has a high risk of it getting caught, it might be worth putting a tubigrip over it to protect it a bit.

Smidge

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
My scanner hardly switches on the last couple of days. It seems the button is getting broken. I'm a bit worried it will totally brake down when I go on holiday next month.

Does anybody else had this problem and did you buy a new scanner?

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Hill28 - my scanner's on/off switch is a little temperamental at times, but hasn't felt like it's breaking. If you do think your's has a fault, ring Abbott - they should replace it as it's under a 2 year warranty - you shouldn't need to buy a new one. I think Emmotha and Robert have both had their's replaced although not for the same reason.

Smidge

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Hill28 - my scanner's on/off switch is a little temperamental at times, but hasn't felt like it's breaking. If you do think your's has a fault, ring Abbott - they should replace it as it's under a 2 year warranty - you shouldn't need to buy a new one. I think Emmotha and Robert have both had their's replaced although not for the same reason.

Smidge
Yep - they replaced mine when it stopped accepting BG strips

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Allright thanks!
Mine is not broken yet but sometimes I have to push 4 times or so. I think it's getting worse and am a bit affraid it will stop working just when I am in Spain for holidays.

Did you have to send back the broken scanners? And how do you guys carry it with you, in a protected bag or just in your pocket? I have mine in my pocket and since I use it a lot I think it just wears quickly.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just put mine in a pocket. I actually think the first one just had fluff in it, because it started working again when I gave a good blow in the test strip slot ;)

Yes, you will need to return the faulty scanner when they have agreed to replace it. Remember that you can't start a new scanner on a sensor that was started with another scanner, so you'll need to wait until you change sensors.