FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

thesmileyone

Are these worth buying? It seems they only show data when you scan them, and they lag behind what is actually occuring because they check the cells and not the blood itself???Therefore they might miss an episode..

I was looking for a continous one but they only work with insulin pumps and I dont take insulin...

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Are these worth buying? It seems they only show data when you scan them, and they lag behind what is actually occuring because they check the cells and not the blood itself???Therefore they might miss an episode..

I was looking for a continous one but they only work with insulin pumps and I dont take insulin...

For me, the 'worth' of these devices does not come from the accuracy and for absolute measurements you need to back up a scan with a finger prick.

What becomes important in use is trend analysis and the ability to see what's been happening between tests (the Libre will capture this data but you don't see it until you scan.)

If you want to spend a bit extra cash then you can get a device which sits on top of the Libre and sends data to your smartphone.