What About Easybetic Cinnamon & Chromium Supplement in the Shop?

mogzilian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all - quick question!

I've been buying the Easybetic from the shop here on diabetes.co.uk but I can't find any reference to it on the forum at all.

I find it has helped me lower my blood sugar count... and I didn't change much at all. After taking it for about seven weeks and then reading more about diabetes here on the forum I have also instigated a (lower) carb diet and slightly more exercise every day... but before that I noticed a definite improvement.

I tested myself using my father in law's machine (he's also a diabetic!). He, incidentally, has found that since taking Easybetic, his hypos have mostly gone. Everything is more "level" he says, he knows what he means - I don't really... I'm a diabetes novice compared to him as he injects insulin. We're both type 2 by the way. I control mine with diet & exercise - my father in law the same, plus insulin injections.

I'm just curious that no-one else has mentioned the supplement here at all. We can't be the only people taking Easybetic..!? It has all the good things that people mention - Cinnamon and Chromium being the two main ingredients. And there is a lot written about those all over the internet - which is how I found it in the shop in the first place... the correct cinnamon and chromium in one bottle... is hard to find!

Has anyone else tried Easybetic? What were your results? Why does no one talk about it??!?

Curious...

Not so quick a question after all... blah blah deh blah blah....!

X

Reactions: 4 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will have a look. I have been taking cinnamon on my yoghurt but a supplement sounds better. Thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all - quick question!

I've been buying the Easybetic from the shop here on diabetes.co.uk but I can't find any reference to it on the forum at all.

I find it has helped me lower my blood sugar count... and I didn't change much at all. After taking it for about seven weeks and then reading more about diabetes here on the forum I have also instigated a (lower) carb diet and slightly more exercise every day... but before that I noticed a definite improvement.

I tested myself using my father in law's machine (he's also a diabetic!). He, incidentally, has found that since taking Easybetic, his hypos have mostly gone. Everything is more "level" he says, he knows what he means - I don't really... I'm a diabetes novice compared to him as he injects insulin. We're both type 2 by the way. I control mine with diet & exercise - my father in law the same, plus insulin injections.

I'm just curious that no-one else has mentioned the supplement here at all. We can't be the only people taking Easybetic..!? It has all the good things that people mention - Cinnamon and Chromium being the two main ingredients. And there is a lot written about those all over the internet - which is how I found it in the shop in the first place... the correct cinnamon and chromium in one bottle... is hard to find!

Has anyone else tried Easybetic? What were your results? Why does no one talk about it??!?

Curious...

Not so quick a question after all... blah blah deh blah blah....!

X
Oddly enough I have been wondering about this myself...if it would actually make any difference to glucose levels. It's a lot of money to spend if it doesn't work but would be well worth it if it did but as you say, there doesn't seem to be any confirmation that it actually works. I add Cinnamon to my fromage frais as I also heard that it was of benefit to diabetics

mogzilian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oddly enough I have been wondering about this myself...if it would actually make any difference to glucose levels. It's a lot of money to spend if it doesn't work but would be well worth it if it did but as you say, there doesn't seem to be any confirmation that it actually works. I add Cinnamon to my fromage frais as I also heard that it was of benefit to diabetics

Gezzabelle,
Since opening this thread I've read a ton about how Cinnamon and Chromium help (love the internet!) - it seems it helps the body's cells absorb insulin better so that the sugar can get in and be used as energy. I know it is working for my father in law and myself. My father in law is very methodical and has been taking notes of blood sugar levels in the morn and eve for years. His hypos have mostly stopped since week 5 and if he does have one it is nowhere near as high.

So all good really...

BUT!

Still curious as to why no one else is talking about Easybetic though!! Weird! Maybe I asked the question the wrong way? I'm a forum novice - this is my first!

:)

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gezzabelle,
Since opening this thread I've read a ton about how Cinnamon and Chromium help (love the internet!) - it seems it helps the body's cells absorb insulin better so that the sugar can get in and be used as energy. I know it is working for my father in law and myself. My father in law is very methodical and has been taking notes of blood sugar levels in the morn and eve for years. His hypos have mostly stopped since week 5 and if he does have one it is nowhere near as high.

So all good really...

BUT!

Still curious as to why no one else is talking about Easybetic though!! Weird! Maybe I asked the question the wrong way? I'm a forum novice - this is my first!

I think it comes with a healthy scepticism as there are so many things out there. I bought some Syntra5 tablets from the Statesafter doing a lot of reading about them and what was in them. They were a complete waste of money. When they arrived the leaflet with them said all the things we do (no carbs, no root veg, no fruit, no eating late at night, portion control etc etc.) which is why they would work for some people if they were not a;lready doing this. They have a 30 day money back guarantee but say that you need to take them for 3 months to see the real benefits. My excuse for being suckered is that I was so fed up with my really restrictive diet and I really, really wanted to be able to have an occasional slice of bread or pizza, a small potoato, some fruit without my glucose going very high or going on more medication.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gezzabelle,

So all good really...

BUT!

I guess it's like everything out there that ''may'' be good for us or a particular need we have. It will show results for some and not for others. The thing I always bear in mind is that there will always be some ''miracle cure'' or aid for most ailments manufactured by companies all too willing to cash in on people's vulnerablity. I'm glad it works for you and may well consider taking the supplement when I have more information on how I am doing with sorting out my problem. I already use cinnamon on my yogurt or fromage frais and would welcome a convenient way of taking both cinnamon and chromium. it's all one big minefield for us right now but hopefully things will become clearer for us in time. This group is invaluable for advice and help....I just thank God I found it :) I might add that your and your father in laws results sound very impressive and I will bear them in mind :)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it comes with a healthy scepticism as there are so many things out there. I bought some Syntra5 tablets from the Statesafter doing a lot of reading about them and what was in them. They were a complete waste of money. When they arrived the leaflet with them said all the things we do (no carbs, no root veg, no fruit, no eating late at night, portion control etc etc.) which is why they would work for some people if they were not a;lready doing this. They have a 30 day money back guarantee but say that you need to take them for 3 months to see the real benefits. My excuse for being suckered is that I was so fed up with my really restrictive diet and I really, really wanted to be able to have an occasional slice of bread or pizza, a small potoato, some fruit without my glucose going very high or going on more medication.
It is as I have said to Mogzilian...there are so many companies all too willing to cash in on our needs. Some products may help and prove to be the 'miracle' we hope for but we always have to be aware of hype and false claims. Common sense has to be the answer for us along with a little hope that sometimes it is worth a try to find something to help

mogzilian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess it's like everything out there that ''may'' be good for us or a particular need we have. It will show results for some and not for others. The thing I always bear in mind is that there will always be some ''miracle cure'' or aid for most ailments manufactured by companies all too willing to cash in on people's vulnerablity. I'm glad it works for you and may well consider taking the supplement when I have more information on how I am doing with sorting out my problem. I already use cinnamon on my yogurt or fromage frais and would welcome a convenient way of taking both cinnamon and chromium. it's all one big minefield for us right now but hopefully things will become clearer for us in time. This group is invaluable for advice and help....I just thank God I found it :) I might add that your and your father in laws results sound very impressive and I will bear them in mind :)

You are absolutely right of course. There cannot be a single obvious solution to every single person's ailment. We are all different. The important thing is that we stay informed and up to date.

I'm beginning to love this forum too! :)

mogzilian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is as I have said to Mogzilian...there are so many companies all too willing to cash in on our needs. Some products may help and prove to be the 'miracle' we hope for but we always have to be aware of hype and false claims. Common sense has to be the answer for us along with a little hope that sometimes it is worth a try to find something to help

@Arab Horse - Possibly stick to products closer to home? Presuming you are in the UK..! I think the USA is more relaxed with what you can and can't say on sales pages than the UK & Europe.... I know we have strict rules regarding selling here.

mogzilian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ooops! I think I replied to the wrong post... d'oh! New at this! @Arab Horse - it does sound like you have a rough time. I'm sorry to hear it. Yet I feel I can learn a lot from your experiences. How long have you had diabetes? I'm assuming you are type 2?

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooops! I think I replied to the wrong post... d'oh! New at this! @Arab Horse - it does sound like you have a rough time. I'm sorry to hear it. Yet I feel I can learn a lot from your experiences. How long have you had diabetes? I'm assuming you are type 2?

Yes, I am T2; diagnosed quite by chance last July . I had no symptoms despite having a glucose of 18.6mmol/L and an HbA1c of 10.4%. I am in the UK and was a biomedical scientist so know what that meant!

I saw the tablets advertised and researched what was in them etc and thought they sounded as if they would help (I don't expect a miracle cure with no effort by me!) and decided they were worth a try and may well help in the control pf my blood glucose. One thing I forgot to say in my earlier post is that they also say that you MUST NEVER AGAIN EAT ANY FRIED FOOD. I also tried to access details of their clinical trials after I had received the tablets and all I could get was "Acess denied". Wish I had taken the time to look before I ordered them but as I was working long hours plus looking after my horses and the house and garden I didn't have time.

Reactions: 6 people

mogzilian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I am T2; diagnosed quite by chance last July . I had no symptoms despite having a glucose of 18.6mmol/L and an HbA1c of 10.4%. I am in the UK and was a biomedical scientist so know what that meant!

I saw the tablets advertised and researched what was in them etc and thought they sounded as if they would help (I don't expect a miracle cure with no effort by me!) and decided they were worth a try and may well help in the control pf my blood glucose. One thing I forgot to say in my earlier post is that they also say that you MUST NEVER AGAIN EAT ANY FRIED FOOD. I also tried to access details of their clinical trials after I had received the tablets and all I could get was "Acess denied". Wish I had taken the time to look before I ordered them but as I was working long hours plus looking after my horses and the house and garden I didn't have time.

There is a lot of research out there on cinnamon. But I think a holistic, all inclusive, treatment is needed. Mind, body, diet...

kiskutya

I take chromium and fenugreek daily. I'm not convinced one or both help lower my BS levels HOWEVER I have noticed a marked reduction in the arthritic lumps on my fingers and thumbs, in fact my worst thumb now has much improved mobility and the lumpiness has all but disappeared in less than 3 months.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks.

Very interesting thread. Glad you raised the topic. I take both Chromium & Cinnamon tablets. Monitoring over a 4 week period, my FBG dropped into the 4's after taking these supplements. I don't pay the high price of Easybetic though. At almost £13 for a one month supply, I couldn't afford to. I buy both of my supplements for around a fiver, for over 3 months supply, from "VitaminRox," via Amazon. They are UK based & only use the finest ingredients. The Cinnamon tablets contain the preferred Ceylon type & they're high potency. I can't speak highly enough of this company. No rip-off prices, just effective affordable quality supplements. Here's the links for those interested:

Chromium: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Vitaminrox+chromium
Cinnamon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Vitaminrox+cinnamon+&rh=i:aps,k:Vitaminrox+cinnamon+

Or to buy direct, or check out other supplements: http://www.vitaminrox.com
Just in case anyone is wondering...no, I am not affiliated to Vitaminrox. I just like to share resources.

Like most type 2's, I do my research before I buy anything that claims to lower my BG. The following link gives details of independent supplement studies. It's a useful website. Hope it helps people to reach a decision. http://examine.com/supplements/

Last edited by a moderator:

zubs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks.

Very interesting thread. Glad you raised the topic. I take both Chromium & Cinnamon tablets. Monitoring over a 4 week period, my FBG dropped into the 4's after taking these supplements. I don't pay the high price of Easybetic though. At almost £13 for a one month supply, I couldn't afford to. I buy both of my supplements for around a fiver, for over 3 months supply, from "VitaminRox," via Amazon. They are UK based & only use the finest ingredients. The Cinnamon tablets contain the preferred Ceylon type & they're high potency. I can't speak highly enough of this company. No rip-off prices, just effective affordable quality supplements. Here's the links for those interested:

Chromium: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Vitaminrox+chromium
Cinnamon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Vitaminrox+cinnamon+&rh=i:aps,k:Vitaminrox+cinnamon+

Just in case anyone is wondering...no, I am not affiliated to Vitaminrox. I just like to share resources.

Like most type 2's, I do my research before I buy anything that claims to lower my BG. The following link gives details of independent supplement studies. It's a useful website. Hope it helps people to reach a decision. http://examine.com/supplements/
Hi folks.

zubs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
there are so many claims for different supplements, i too am taking chromium etc but i dont know if they work. my father was type 2 then type 1 , he tried so many but i dont think any were as they were put forward, seems to be too much hype. the other thing is i dont understand why there is such a lack in clinical trials. i would love to hear from anyone here who has tried and tested anything that has worked with clear signs in their glucose levels, or maybe stopping tablets al together. i also want to make a group on whats app for diabetics trying different alternatives with the outcome. if anybody is interested, please message me directly. it will be strictly diabetics only , and only messages regarding natural alternatives. my number is UK (0044) 07762367958, if anyone reading this and is trying to try something alternative or has tried, please whatsapp me and i will try to get a group going

mogzilian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks.

Thanks, that is interesting. The Chromium you mention is picolinate - the only difference in the EasyBetic is that the Chromium is GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor) I don't know the difference exactly but I think it is better for diabetes... and it has lots of other "goodies" they say are good for us, like zinc, copper, selenium, molybdenum, manganese, many of these nutrients are lost when one is a diabetic type 2. It is working for me and I feel great - best I've felt in years!
X

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Easybetic cinnamon and find they do help lower my BG. When I ran out of them I got Cinnamon HP from supplemented.co,uk site and they didn't do anything but they didn't have chromium included so I'm back on Easybetic and they are working again.

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for letting us know about Easybetic. I've had pneumonia for 2 weeks followed by a bad cough, feeling low and lacking in energy - so haven't been getting out much.
I think Easybetic + 1 Metformin have helped as my latest HbA1c is 53, down from 81 and the GP said that under the circumstances he was " really thrilled' at such good control, bearing in mind I'd been ill and on antibiotics and steroids too!!
The other thing my blood test showed was that my vitamin D levels are too low. Not surprising as I seem to have been inside for a month and with the weather we've had - so might start a new thread to ask about other 'natural sources - apart from tablets and sunshine!! any thoughts.....?