New Omnipod batch

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Has anyone noticed a difference to the Omnipod batches of late? They have different syringes and the tape is causing a reaction with my skin I haven't had before - I didn't receive notification from Omnipod about any changes? Did anyone else?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Has anyone noticed a difference to the Omnipod batches of late? They have different syringes and the tape is causing a reaction with my skin I haven't had before - I didn't receive notification from Omnipod about any changes? Did anyone else?
Ring the company and tell them there is a problem. They need to know so they can look into it and make changes.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Not noticed Debloubed but only been using the pump for a few months, I get a small rash when removing the Pod but it disappears within a day or two, ring Ypsomed up if your experiencing problems with the new batch.

Alzibiff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There was some talk of this in the Omnipod Facebook group which I suspect is mainly frequented by folk in North America, might be worth reading posts going back a few months. Cavilon spray is available on NHS prescription to help with tape irritation. I started using it when I first moved to the Omnipod but think that my skin has got used to it as I don't feel the need for Cavilon (at the moment at least).

Alan

Judith Bishop

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi, Yes, I’m encountering huge issues with my latest batch of omnipod pods delivered from February 2020 onwards. Older pods are fine but I only have a couple left. If I leave the pod on for the full three days I have severe skin irritation, so much so my skin is left raw. In fact, I daren’t leave a pod on for more than 24 hours as it is becoming increasingly problematic. I’m using Cavilon no sting spray as a barrier and using Tegaderm Hydrocolloid dressing as a further barrier. I then place my pod on top of this double barrier. This does help but showering or bathing is near impossible because the warm water from the bath/shower means the dressing loosens and the needle escapes from under my skin. High blood sugars result. A worrying & dangerous situation when asleep at night.

Edited by moderator for clarity

Last edited by a moderator: