The SCREAM thread

C

chris lowe

I've gotten into celery and cheese...nice with feta...not heard of St Agur....dogs don't.mind my crunching but it DOES make your fingers stink of celery for rest of day. Try using a handful of salt with your handwash and rub it all over your hands before rinsing...
It's a soft blue veined cheese I like anything like that the stinkier the better :)

Reactions: 2 people

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bought a new king size bed months ago. It was delivered about 4 weeks later but the 2 parts of the divan had different tops and wheels and were slightly different heights. The delivery men told us to use it and complain to the shop who would send out the correct half.

The shop apologised and made arrangements for a new top half to be delivered.

4 weeks later we waited in for the delivery only to find that they'd sent out exactly the same top half. We went back to the shop, who called the warehouse and, after a lengthy discussion on the phone, it was decided they would send out a new bed (so that the same mistake wouldn't happen again).

Today (about 3 weeks after the last mistake) we waited in again for our new bed. They came with the same top half. Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Russ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injustice
It happens too much. Are you and they on Twitter?

Russ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injustice
I gave up in the end with my new bed. It was very annoying but I couldn't do with the hassle.

S

Sable_Jan

It's a soft blue veined cheese I like anything like that the stinkier the better :)
Yuknyuk yuk....we had cheese board after our meal tonight I have the strong cheddar, we share the Lancashire and my friend has the Stilton.......love broccoli and Stilton soup but not the cheese itself.....oooh, nooooo, nooooo :D

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Bought a new king size bed months ago. It was delivered about 4 weeks later but the 2 parts of the divan had different tops and wheels and were slightly different heights. The delivery men told us to use it and complain to the shop who would send out the correct half.

4 weeks later we waited in for the delivery only to find that they'd sent out exactly the same top half. We went back to the shop, who called the warehouse and, after a lengthy discussion on the phone, it was decided they would send out a new bed (so that the same mistake wouldn't happen again).

Today (about 3 weeks after the last mistake) we waited in again for our new bed. They came with the same top half. Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder you are screaming......

C

chris lowe

Watchdog?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Watchdog?
Some other thoughts:

Was it bought on a credit card? I'd be tempted to contact the card company and raise a dispute about the payment on the grounds that CarpetRight are in breach of their contract with you.

If you can find his/her details, a letter to their Chief Executive's office can also yield results.

Anna Timms at the Grauniad also likes situations like this, and it's amazing how an inquisitive phone call from a journalist can, erm, "motivate" providers of rubbishy customer service to extract their collective digits. ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grrrrrrrrr BG doesn't like pork.....but I do dammit grrrrrrr.............:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

That's very bizarre. The pork itself won't have any carb in it, so unless you were eating lots of it, was it cooked in anything?

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's very bizarre. The pork itself won't have any carb in it, so unless you were eating lots of it, was it cooked in anything?
Just 2 thin loin steaks cooked in olive oil.....I had the same reaction from a chicken breast :( .....sent bg up from 5.1 to 8.9 on the pork and 8.6 on the chicken :(

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just 2 thin loin steaks cooked in olive oil.....I had the same reaction from a chicken breast :( .....sent bg up from 5.1 to 8.9 on the pork and 8.6 on the chicken :(
Very frustrating. No wonder you're having a scream :***:

Reactions: 3 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The most biggest and loudest scream to the way my bathroom has been left by plumber!! :(
My husband is currently working in mine fitting a new shower screen...the mess is off the scale so you have my sympathy...It's not only confined to the bathroom either....the lobby and kitchen are also in disarray which only adds to the frustration :arghh::arghh::arghh: why, oh why does such a simple job have to take over half the house???:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Utterly bizarre.

To be honest, I'd be tempted to start a thread and see if anyone has any wisdom to offer on that one. I know some T1s have to bolus (inject a calculated insulin dose) for protein, and some T2s find if they eat a lot of protein their numbers creep up, but I don't think I've read (aside from you, obviously), of such a profound effect from such an apparently benign meal choice.

What did you have to eat with the pork and chicken?

S

Sable_Jan

The most biggest and loudest scream to the way my bathroom has been left by plumber!! :(
I hate it when tradesmen say they've cleaned up......and I see the mess they have left.....gawd knows what their houses look like if that's CLEAN & TIDY

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Utterly bizarre.

To be honest, I'd be tempted to start a thread and see if anyone has any wisdom to offer on that one. I know some T1s have to bolus (inject a calculated insulin dose) for protein, and some T2s find if they eat a lot of protein their numbers creep up, but I don't think I've read (aside from you, obviously), of such a profound effect from such an apparently benign meal choice.

What did you have to eat with the pork and chicken?
I know and it is baffling me. I had cauliflower and broccoli with the pork and chicken so nothing bad there. I had gravy the first time I had it and it spiked high so I cut that out next time round and it spiked even higher :( I can eat much higher amounts of protein in the form of salmon and tuna....eggs more than 2 spikes me....Quorn products I can only use very low carb ones...high meat content sausages spike me....so it is a bit of a mine field for me...I love salmon and tuna but can't live on it lol. I was about to take 2 high meat content (97%) sausages out of the freezer but I know what they would do to my bg so maybe not :(

S

Sable_Jan

I know and it is baffling me. I had cauliflower and broccoli with the pork and chicken so nothing bad there. I had gravy the first time I had it and it spiked high so I cut that out next time round and it spiked even higher :( I can eat much higher amounts of protein in the form of salmon and tuna....eggs more than 2 spikes me....Quorn products I can only use very low carb ones...high meat content sausages spike me....so it is a bit of a mine field for me...I love salmon and tuna but can't live on it lol. I was about to take 2 high meat content (97%) sausages out of the freezer but I know what they would do to my bg so maybe not :(
I've found that a piece of the Stracciatella cake (the one made with almond flour, eggs, butter and cream cheese) spikes me quite badly too..... I'd made it and looked forward to having REAL cake cos of its popularity on the forum threads but unless I only have a thin slice, and by itself as a snack (not with a meal) it makes my bs jump....and I'm diet controlled pre-diabetic at that.....

Looks like you are ok with FISH but not meat.....does it happen with other meats? My friend is vegetarian by default as if she eats meat it triggers a bad asthma attack....and makes her feel generally lousy... wonder if it is some sort of sensitivity/allergic reaction to the meat.... are you ok with duck, or turkey or other birds?

Intriguing and very frustrating for you. Maybe your doctor could refer you for sensitivity testing

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've found that a piece of the Stracciatella cake (the one made with almond flour, eggs, butter and cream cheese) spikes me quite badly too..... I'd made it and looked forward to having REAL cake cos of its popularity on the forum threads but unless I only have a thin slice, and by itself as a snack (not with a meal) it makes my bs jump....and I'm diet controlled pre-diabetic at that.....

Looks like you are ok with FISH but not meat.....does it happen with other meats? My friend is vegetarian by default as if she eats meat it triggers a bad asthma attack....and makes her feel generally lousy... wonder if it is some sort of sensitivity/allergic reaction to the meat.... are you ok with duck, or turkey or other birds?

Intriguing and very frustrating for you. Maybe your doctor could refer you for sensitivity testing
It is very frustrating ...trying to do the right things and they seem to come back and bite me on the bum :( Turkey sends me up from 5.0 to 7.2 when eaten with cauliflower and brocolli but sends it up much less when eaten with salad ...only from 5.0 to 5.7 lol so work that one out . I haven't tried steak yet and dont eat any other birds so no clue yet. Small high content beefburgers seem okay but I can only have one....Oddly enough I never ate pork, beef or turkey before I was diagnosed...and chicken was a rarity for me.....I preferred to eat Quorn products mainly and now even they spike me unless they are very low carb...so I seem to be sensitive to meat and carbs or certain forms....certainly the ones used to make meat alternatives