FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
Is anyone getting Libre products shipped outside the UK? Have you used non UK credit cards at checkout?
They geoblock their web site which is easy to get around with a vpn, but I'm unsure if they check the origin of credit cards or have any other obstacles to stop people outside the UK getting product?

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No ingredients for glue listed.

If all new sensors are like this I won't carry on using I don't think, as it's so uncomfortable. It's hung on a week but I don't think it will last much longer even though it's stuck on with tape
I will get in contact with some Abbott kingpins I know to share our experiences in this area, as neither we (as patients and their prime customer) or themselves can be happy about this !

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone getting Libre products shipped outside the UK? Have you used non UK credit cards at checkout?
They geoblock their web site which is easy to get around with a vpn, but I'm unsure if they check the origin of credit cards or have any other obstacles to stop people outside the UK getting product?
I live in an area where Abbott is currently not shipping to. Have to have an address in which they are regulatory allowed to ship to and setup to support. VPN and local credit cards will not suffice, as they only ship to addresses within the country portal that you are using to place your order. That is what friends are for ! :)

Germany: www.freestylelibre.de
France: www.freestylelibre.fr
etc...

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No ingredients for glue listed.

If all new sensors are like this I won't carry on using I don't think, as it's so uncomfortable. It's hung on a week but I don't think it will last much longer even though it's stuck on with tape

I just hate the look of them with tape all over them - especially as we're coming to the time of year when I wear sleeveless tops - it just looks really messy. @Emmotha - you could try using SkinTac before placing the sensor - I found it made them stick very firmly. Unfortunately for me it didn't stop the skin reaction. SkinTac wipes are pretty expensive, but if you go to mghealthcare website, you can order a free sample to see whether it works for you, so nothing to lose by trying.

Smidge

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
@Celsus I have a UK shipping address, just not a UK credit card. Are you sure they check it?

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm getting really annoyed with Abbott customer service now. I am trying to call them to sort out my Paypal payment (which failed AGAIN, and you cannot sort out online) but they keep putting me through to the "customer care" line as the order line is busy! They can't help with the query on that line!!! So how am I supposed to place my order??? grrrrrr

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm getting really annoyed with Abbott customer service now. I am trying to call them to sort out my Paypal payment (which failed AGAIN, and you cannot sort out online) but they keep putting me through to the "customer care" line as the order line is busy! They can't help with the query on that line!!! So how am I supposed to place my order??? grrrrrr

Have you considered emailing them, asking for a call back to collect payment? When I had a purchase completion query, they were very prompt in their attention.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you considered emailing them, asking for a call back to collect payment? When I had a purchase completion query, they were very prompt in their attention.
I've emailed them on pervious occasions, but they didn't reply. I will try that now

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've emailed them on pervious occasions, but they didn't reply. I will try that now

I'd title the message something relating to money or payment. They'll be keen to take your cash, usually.

Good luck with that.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My next two sensors arrived today. 8 days from order to delivery but three of those were weekend days. Longer than usual, but not too bad.

Smidge

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are they always out? This morning it was registering 1mmol lower than what it actually was but by 10pm it was 1mmol above what it actually was

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@L3wisr, As the sensor is not measuring blood glucose levels, but interstitial fluid glucose levels, it's quite unusual to have them the same, except perhaps when fasted. Even then, external factors like pressure, exercise and temperature can play a larger part in variance. The design variance from blood glucose levels is 15% and as long as the readings are within this, Abbott are happy.

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@L3wisr, As the sensor is not measuring blood glucose levels, but interstitial fluid glucose levels, it's quite unusual to have them the same, except perhaps when fasted. Even then, external factors like pressure, exercise and temperature can play a larger part in variance. The design variance from blood glucose levels is 15% and as long as the readings are within this, Abbott are happy.
Ah I understand, so it's just best using as a rough estimate and spotting trends rather than relying solely on the results.

I'm wire surprised how steady my levels have stayed though tbh, it was onto the difference in readings that pushed my levels above the target.

3LZ51TQ.jpg

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got my one week until invite message!! Couldn't be more excited. Been a very long few months!!

Reactions: 4 people

Jackie100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah I got my one week Email today aswell next question is does everybody that has one think they are worth the money ?