FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you put the sensor anywhere else on your body other than your arm and still work as well ?
I put my sensors on my upper leg/thigh and they've (generally) been more accurate than the ones I had on my arm.

Jackie100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah that's what I was hopeing to hear as not sure I would like it on my arm all the time but wasn't sure it would work the same many thanks

obates

I put my sensors on my upper leg/thigh and they've (generally) been more accurate than the ones I had on my arm.

Same here. Dont know why abbot does not look into this a bit more and allow more flexibility with the choice of sensor placement site.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for asking what may seem like a Bobby Basic question here, but my reading throws up conflicting results.

Which strips are compatible for use with the Freestyle Libre Sensor/Meter? Is more than one of Abbott's variants compatible? If so, which?

I invested in the system to have a look under the lid of my blood activity, and Plan A has always been to compare solely with my usual SD Codefree meter, as that is what I used every day, and therefore will mean most. However, I have read a few times that where a sensor is reading well adrift of finger prick tests then associating the readings with the Abbott strips could help sway the Customer Services reaction and outcome for a replacement sensor. I am assuming this would be because the reading is automatically added to the sensor/meter data when the reading completes, rather than any form of manual intervention.

It feels like it could be a few pounds well spent. Thanks in anticipation.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A eff and blind. Just had a door partially close on me as I went through it and rip the sensor out after five days. Grrr.

Matt J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

I'm very interested in the Libre. Without wanting to trawl back through 158 pages can I ask those who have got one do you use it all the time i.e., a new sensor every 14 days or do you use it intermittently with a traditional bg meter? Also is everyone who has one self funding them or has anyone got one through the NHS/participating in a trial etc?

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So after three successes firing through Compeed tonight I got my first failure. The reader picked it up as a new sensor but then said there was a sensor error after the 60 mins countdown. Re-tried it again and after another 60 mins got the same message. Took it off and the sensor had completely curled up in the Compeed :(

obates

Hi all

I'm very interested in the Libre. Without wanting to trawl back through 158 pages can I ask those who have got one do you use it all the time i.e., a new sensor every 14 days or do you use it intermittently with a traditional bg meter? Also is everyone who has one self funding them or has anyone got one through the NHS/participating in a trial etc?

I use it all the time. I test with meter untill I know that sensor is more or less accurate with readings and then only couple of times per day or before driving. I pay privately on my last appt they did not say it could be funded but thinking of cost of test strips I used per month is about the same as per 2 sensors.

Reactions: 2 people

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Pinewood is that side or front of thigh? I am going to a posh do and need to change the sensor the day before.
Inner front - kind of where your hand would sit when in a trouser pocket and moved towards the inside.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like Abbott have removed the restriction on re-ordering within 2 weeks if you've been given a replacement?

I had a replacement issued just over a week ago and was able to place another order this morning.

Reactions: 2 people

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Tried second time compeed on my leg with sensor on it after the first one was succesful. However te second one was reading 10 mmol too high and later failed. It seems a bit of compeed got on the plastic thing, which went through in any case..
Any suggestions for thinner plasters?

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Thanks. That's what I thought. M I have been jabbing places to see if they feel like the back of the arm. I will go with your suggestion.

Be careful using your inner leg. I would recomand use the outside or upper leg. Scroll some pages back to see a picture where I placed the sensor on my leg succesfully.