Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No FBG today.....having a day off from it :)...it is always within non diabetic range and I got up so late I figured today I would not test it :D

Reactions: 24 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re the cheese.
1. Portion size is small, like the french portion size ex ca 25 grams.
2. The literature mostly does not consider the case of the LCHF dieter. We presumably deal very well with fats due to very low glycogen and low insulin. Its our main source of energy ie through beta oxidation to CO2+H2O + ATP
3. saturated fatty acids are associated with heart disease, but not said to be the cause.
Anyway thats my version, and I shall continue to enjoy cheese until ...............
Oh, what a friend we have in cheeses;-)

Reactions: 11 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As seems to be the norm recently I woke up with a 6.3, and then 2 hours later it was 5.4.

I'm thinking I may save my fingers and my strips for a while.

Reactions: 24 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I have to have my daily dose or I get withdrawals. That's why I could never go carb free. What would I out it on if not toast, crackers or crumpets?

It's absolutely lovely if thinly smeared on a thin slice of cheddar cheese!

I've also placed a blob on top of grated cheese and grilled it to make cheese and marmite crisps.

Can't beat marmite by the teaspoonful - for me the only thing to put with it is more marmite! :D

Reactions: 17 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's absolutely lovely if thinly smeared on a thin slice of cheddar cheese!

I've also placed a blob on top of grated cheese and grilled it to make cheese and marmite crisps.

Can't beat marmite by the teaspoonful - for me the only thing to put with it is more marmite! :D
Oh my shoes:)
This sounds awesome;-)

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning :) after a panic attack yesterday sent my BG haywire.
End of term at last, and I'm experimenting with some LCHF baking today cos it's my birthday :joyful:

Edit: It's also day 100 of LCHF for me and I've lost exactly 3 stone (42lbs)!
Happy birthday :D Hope you have had a great day

Reactions: 9 people

Merrylizard1314

Re the cheese.
1. Portion size is small, like the french portion size ex ca 25 grams.
2. The literature mostly does not consider the case of the LCHF dieter. We presumably deal very well with fats due to very low glycogen and low insulin. Its our main source of energy ie through beta oxidation to CO2+H2O + ATP
3. saturated fatty acids are associated with heart disease, but not said to be the cause.
Anyway thats my version, and I shall continue to enjoy cheese until ...............

Thank you for that, Pasha.
This is how I have been thinking about cheese, and I have been finding comfort in the fact that the greatest danger seems to lie with cheese in combination with carbohydrates, which I avoid, mostly, except for wrapping sometimes in sorrel leaves. And an occasional red wine...
It would be very hard to forgo the pleasures of the cheese plate at the end of a good dinner.
I have heard evidence that blue cheeses in particular are beneficial to the microbial gut flora, or biome, which seems to be the next body part to receive research funding.

Reactions: 13 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8 this am ...was rather high yesterday but maybe some stress seeing as I had my purse stolen from out of a zipped up bag whilst shopping yesterday, police informed and cards all cancelled but I wish they would catch these thieves that suck on the hard working class of society they are worse than leeches and need to be put out of their misery, it made me feel ill so goodness knows what it does to people when they invade their privacy in their own homes :meh:

Reactions: 27 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
8 this am ...was rather high yesterday but maybe some stress seeing as I had my purse stolen from out of a zipped up bag whilst shopping yesterday, police informed and cards all cancelled but I wish they would catch these thieves that suck on the hard working class of society they are worse than leeches and need to be put out of their misery, it made me feel ill so goodness knows what it does to people when they invade their privacy in their own homes :meh:
Morning PatsyB, Sorry to hear that you had your purse stolen hope that they get the culprit/s hope you are ok. Take care.
Joyce

Reactions: 20 people
Status
Not open for further replies.