bydureon

maried

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am type 2 and have been injecting myself with bydureon weekly for the last 5 weeks.My blood levels are a lot lot better since I have started on it but it is giving me horrible "eggy" breath and leaving me very windy.Does anyone else have the same problem and if so,do they have any advice? thankyou

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
It seems this is a common side effect of this medication. I've just started it myself this morning.

I can only suggest lots of sugar free chewing gum for the 'eggy breath' problem.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
It seems this is a common side effect of this medication. I've just started it myself this morning.

I can only suggest lots of sugar free chewing gum for the 'eggy breath' problem.
@maried and bluetwist, you might want to read this info about some risks of this drug and discuss it with your doctor:
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/18538438.php

My approach is to lower my BGs through diet and metformin, and if I need more help, I would consider insulin. I'm not convinced the other diabetes meds are safe enough.

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@maried and bluetwist, you might want to read this info about some risks of this drug and discuss it with your doctor:
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/18538438.php

My approach is to lower my BGs through diet and metformin, and if I need more help, I would consider insulin. I'm not convinced the other diabetes meds are safe enough.

I'm already on 2g of Metformin a day as well as 360mg of Gliclazide, after being a Type 2 for 10 years it seems these meds have stopped working. Bydureon is the next step for me which is preferred over Insulin since Insulin is likely to make me put more weight on and I do not need that. I was wary of Bydureon as I was of Victoza, but needs must, my constant high BS are just making me so lifeless and tired. I had to stop Victoza because of pain I had which was initially thought to be Gallstones. Once I stopped Victoza, the pain stopped. If Bydureon causes the same pain I shall stop it immediately. Am working real hard to try and sort out a proper diet LCHF as well.

Thanks for the link, I shall have a read through it.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I'm already on 2g of Metformin a day as well as 360mg of Gliclazide, after being a Type 2 for 10 years it seems these meds have stopped working. Bydureon is the next step for me which is preferred over Insulin since Insulin is likely to make me put more weight on and I do not need that. I was wary of Bydureon as I was of Victoza, but needs must, my constant high BS are just making me so lifeless and tired. I had to stop Victoza because of pain I had which was initially thought to be Gallstones. Once I stopped Victoza, the pain stopped. If Bydureon causes the same pain I shall stop it immediately. Am working real hard to try and sort out a proper diet LCHF as well.

I can understand you being concerned that insulin might cause weight gain, but from what I have read in this link, it doesn't need to. The way you take it seems to make all the difference:
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/15478720.php

After reading this info and related pages I'm seriously put off Bydureon, Victoza, and all of them, to be honest:
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/17977284.php

Madame_Duke

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bossy people.

I have been on Bydureon for 7 months and have lost 3 stone plus, it hasnt been an easy ride but the weight loss seems to be doing the trick for me. i am also on a reducing dose of insulin. Hope to be off insulin within the next couple of months, my gp made the plan !

Madame_Duke

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bossy people.
I am type 2 and have been injecting myself with bydureon weekly for the last 5 weeks.My blood levels are a lot lot better since I have started on it but it is giving me horrible "eggy" breath and leaving me very windy.Does anyone else have the same problem and if so,do they have any advice? thankyou

Hiya yes had the same expereince, a very weak dose of bicarbonate of soda works for me. the tip of a teaspoon in half a tumbler of water, hope it works for you.