Accuchek mobile cassette failures

jackvdbuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, anyone with the above machine , do you get id say 10-15% failures?

Near the end of the casette with 4-5 left i usually get cassette error , replace cassette

Sometimes even if there is enough blood it would still say too small

Sometimes wen blood is on the strip it displays meter error and retest!

Sooo annoying especially when i only get one hundred per month not sure wat to do ... Any tips?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I use this device.. Though I am prescribed 200 & can order online to be collected from the chemist whenever I need.
(I do between 8 & 10 tests a day.)

I have found a correlation with error ocurance in this device & battery life.. (Even prior to low battery warning, depending on brand used.) Could be a power distribution thing? There are additional moving parts powered in the mobile..
How many cartriges do you estimate are used before you change batteries..?

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using the Accuchek Mobile for a number of years but found that the upgraded version is nowhere near as good as the older version. Right from the start It has been telling me to retest as there is a cassette error or that there is too little blood. I do like the meter though as it is so much easier than having to insert strips into a device when out and about.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using the Accuchek Mobile for a number of years but found that the upgraded version is nowhere near as good as the older version. Right from the start It has been telling me to retest as there is a cassette error or that there is too little blood. I do like the meter though as it is so much easier than having to insert strips into a device when out and about.

Hi,

May I ask...? Your reference to "the older version." Was that the model with the "drum" that spat out the test strips?

Rob B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish,pasta,peppers
Yes I had this before but mine was down to me dropping the machine and then it says that so when it does it's a new machine as it can't be fixed I've got that one but I also have the usb one as well which is by far a better machine to use and carry about and it's as small as a usb memory stick

jackvdbuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I had this before but mine was down to me dropping the machine and then it says that so when it does it's a new machine as it can't be fixed I've got that one but I also have the usb one as well which is by far a better machine to use and carry about and it's as small as a usb memory stick
Hi , did u have to pay for a replacement? I did drop mine in the case 3-4 months ago and ive never changed the battery i dont think , maybe once

Rob B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish,pasta,peppers
No I didn't I went to the diabetic centre up the hospital and said what I had done and that I needed it for driving and they issued me one straight away but if you go online and tap in free blood glucose machines they bring up loads of free ones and all you have to do is fill in your details then they ship them out to you hope this helps

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@jackvdbuk, be sure to make Accu-Chek aware of this problem, phone their customer care-line and they likely send you out a replacement cassette.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

May I ask...? Your reference to "the older version." Was that the model with the "drum" that spat out the test strips?
No I mean the Accuchek Mobile with the silver front. The newer one has a black front which I acquired in the last 3 years. Both versions use the mobile cassette. No strips.

Rob B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish,pasta,peppers
Yes I know they both use the cassettes mine is a black fronted one but they are near enough the same give or take but either way the machine needs to be replaced even if you get new cassettes for it they still won't work as when you drop them it dislodges something inside them I would imagine it's something similar to a portable DVD player when you drop them as well

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I know they both use the cassettes mine is a black fronted one but they are near enough the same give or take but either way the machine needs to be replaced even if you get new cassettes for it they still won't work as when you drop them it dislodges something inside them I would imagine it's something similar to a portable DVD player when you drop them as well
Never damaged either one of mine just had an upgrade which isn't as good as the original. My answer was actually to Jaylee's question.

jackvdbuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well called them up and they have offered to replace it so that's good.

also mentioned if its near the end of the cassette and displays defective cassette, replace. take it out and pop it back in usually allows it to carry on

Last edited by a moderator:

G2ADY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use this device, I very often get the error message about replacing the cassette, I simply press and hold the main button to turn it off and on again and it's fine. Tonight however it just refused to give me a result. It was a relatively new cassette with around 40 tests left, All I was getting was an E4 error, the drop applied was too small. I tried half a dozen times at least and ended up with blood everywhere. I was out at the time and so I had to err on the side of caution and take on board more carbs than I would normally just to be on the safe side. I've reported it via email to Accu Chek. I'll see what they suggest. It's a handy machine in so far that it's a finger pricker and meter in one with no need for test strips but **** is it unreliable and a bit inaccurate at times! Any other suggestions for a meter that is handy for being out and about?

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I use this device, I very often get the error message about replacing the cassette, I simply press and hold the main button to turn it off and on again and it's fine. Tonight however it just refused to give me a result. It was a relatively new cassette with around 40 tests left, All I was getting was an E4 error, the drop applied was too small. I tried half a dozen times at least and ended up with blood everywhere. I was out at the time and so I had to err on the side of caution and take on board more carbs than I would normally just to be on the safe side. I've reported it via email to Accu Chek. I'll see what they suggest. It's a handy machine in so far that it's a finger pricker and meter in one with no need for test strips but **** is it unreliable and a bit inaccurate at times! Any other suggestions for a meter that is handy for being out and about?
If you do get two E4 errors in a row, just take the cassette out and put back in.

o.moore11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pizza and indian food
Hi guys, anyone with the above machine , do you get id say 10-15% failures?

Near the end of the casette with 4-5 left i usually get cassette error , replace cassette

Sometimes even if there is enough blood it would still say too small

Sometimes wen blood is on the strip it displays meter error and retest!

Sooo annoying especially when i only get one hundred per month not sure wat to do ... Any tips?
I get these errors alot and I only just got the monitor, my suggestion would be what I do, when u check and it doesn't work leave it for 10 mins then try again