Levels 29

Piper1775

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My levels at the moment are around 29, how high does it have to b to b dangerous

Wayne78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wasting my time on frivolous matters
My levels at the moment are around 29, how high does it have to b to b dangerous
Your are well in the danger zone already.
please visit the nearest doctor to get assistance,
you need to carefully review the type of foods you are having. it would be good if you tell us what you are having and like to have.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is dangerous now and you must be feeling really horrible. If you havnt already been to your GP I would get there asap.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Read your profile and please get some help. Those figures need to be cut and by quite a bit. Reckon I know why so work with us and we'll work with you. Mike :)

Piper1775

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I hav had a chest infection that is y my doc says because I'm on antibiotics and steroids, am at round bout 13 now but still feel pretty awfull, my doc gave me novo rapid to take on top of my humulin and victoza, I am taking wat he said to but still at around 13-15. I don't want to take anymore as I just put weight on and am trying to loose it, which is already hard as am also in a wheelchair

jamesfitz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood sugar level was 30 when i got hospitalised with dka so i would definitely recommend seeing a gp urgently.

Neemo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hav had a chest infection that is y my doc says because I'm on antibiotics and steroids, am at round bout 13 now but still feel pretty awfull, my doc gave me novo rapid to take on top of my humulin and victoza, I am taking wat he said to but still at around 13-15. I don't want to take anymore as I just put weight on and am trying to loose it, which is already hard as am also in a wheelchair

My mum has both Insulin dependent diabetes and asthma. On several occasions during the last few years she has had chest infections. The doctor prescribed her steroids to alleviate her asthma, unfortunately the steroids have an incredibly adverse affect on sugar levels/Insulin sensitivity.

Unfortunately it was/is a catch 22 situation, she was having difficulty breathing so needed the steriods, but this in effect had a profound effect on her sugar levels.

I had to urge her to continue taking large correction doses, which were not having the normal effect (insulin sensitivity caused by steroids), but through consistent testing and repeated correction doses, she managed to mitigate the effects of the steriods.

Its really important that your levels don't stay this high for long periods.

Hope you're feeling better.