Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i have not had my feet looked at since may 2014 and not had a review
over the past month, my levels for fasting have been between 11 and 13, during the day, readings have been between 8 and 9 pre meals and between 11 and 13 2 hours after
i spoke to my gp 2 weeks ago and he requested a blood test and yesterday, i requested an appointment to see the diabetic nurse for a review as i am overdue and worried that my levels are steadily rising
i see her tomorrow after making alot of fuss

Reactions: 6 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fingers crossed. Sorry you have to be so persistent -- obviously it's not helping your stress levels. Let us know how you get on :)

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
over the past month, my levels for fasting have been between 11 and 13, during the day, readings have been between 8 and 9 pre meals and between 11 and 13 2 hours after
i spoke to my gp 2 weeks ago and he requested a blood test and yesterday, i requested an appointment to see the diabetic nurse for a review as i am overdue and worried that my levels are steadily rising
Sorry to hear you had to make a lot of fuss. All doctors/nurses are supposed to provide annual reviews and other checks. Have you thought about registering with a different medical practice? I know it's a pain to change but if they are going to take better care of you it may be worth it.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good on you for making a fuss. Its your health and it is important to make sure you are getting all the necessary medical checks.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Sorry to hear you had to make a lot of fuss. All doctors/nurses are supposed to provide annual reviews and other checks. Have you thought about registering with a different medical practice? I know it's a pain to change but if they are going to take better care of you it may be worth it.
i can,t register with another surgery as the next nearest one is 8 miles away

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Well done Ally, good luck with your appointment today :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good girl on getting assertive. I do hope you have a good appointment and come out feeling better supported.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for asserting yourself Ally. Let's hope the support is better than it has been, and if you still aren't satisfied, keep on nagging until you are. Good luck with the appointment. :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
my latest test result was 8.3%, so no idea if that is good or not
had my feer checked and all ok with them
my appointment was for 10 minutes so couldn,t have a full check so will have another full blood test in 3 months time and will have a full review once the results are back

Reactions: 5 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i did mention my very high readings, especially with the morning fasting reading
my gp is off wednesdays so the nurse will leave a note for my gp to see if the zicron needs increasing
if i don,t hear anything then i know to stay on the dosage i,m on now

Reactions: 3 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did they count your feet? That's always important I find ;)
8.3% is 10.6 mmol/L on my converter but correct me if I'm wrong.
How are you feeling now?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see things may be moving for you, Ally. Another blood test and full review in 3 months sounds good to me, and better than you were having before. Did your nurse suggest a target to meet for your next blood test? I see from your signature you were 8.6% in January, so you have improved a bit since then. Well done for that. :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to hear you've made some progress on actually getting things tested and looked at.
Wish you well.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Did they count your feet? That's always important I find ;)
8.3% is 10.6 mmol/L on my converter but correct me if I'm wrong.
How are you feeling now?
thats rather high, hope it comes down for me soon

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Good to see things may be moving for you, Ally. Another blood test and full review in 3 months sounds good to me, and better than you were having before. Did your nurse suggest a target to meet for your next blood test? I see from your signature you were 8.6% in January, so you have improved a bit since then. Well done for that. :)
thank you bluetit xx

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is high, Ally. You are averaging 10.6mmol/l (the units shown on your meter).

Have you slipped back to eating carbs?
What have you eaten today so far? (full details will be best)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
i did mention my very high readings, especially with the morning fasting reading
my gp is off wednesdays so the nurse will leave a note for my gp to see if the zicron needs increasing
if i don,t hear anything then i know to stay on the dosage i,m on now
Well done on the improved reading :)

I think if you don't hear anything within, say, a week, you might want to call them to see if the message got through to the doctor. Sometimes things get missed and if he wants to increase the zicron it would be better to do that sooner rather than later, I think.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
my gp surgery have just rang me
my gp wants to see on tuesday

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
It is high, Ally. You are averaging 10.6mmol/l (the units shown on your meter).

Have you slipped back to eating carbs?
What have you eaten today so far? (full details will be best)
at times i have eaten a few more carbs

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes