Which pump?

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys!
Excellent news.. ive been told im getting my long awaited insulin pump! :D i could not be happier!
I was wondering if anyone on here on an insulin pump is treated in the greater glasgow and clyde area of the nhs in scotland and if so can you tell me what type of pump(s) this clinic has? I'm so excited that i basically want to know anything i can asap! haha
Thanks as always
Novowolf

Reactions: 5 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hey guys!
Excellent news.. ive been told im getting my long awaited insulin pump! :D i could not be happier!
I was wondering if anyone on here on an insulin pump is treated in the greater glasgow and clyde area of the nhs in scotland and if so can you tell me what type of pump(s) this clinic has? I'm so excited that i basically want to know anything i can asap! haha
Thanks as always
Novowolf
Congratulations, that is awesome news!

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Yay! Fab news! :) I'm sure if you get in touch with the clinic they'll be able to tell you which pumps they have available. My clinic told me at the very beginning which pumps they had available. :) Good luck. I've just started on my pump last Monday, it's a bit of work getting the levels set up but so far I'm loving it! :)

Reactions: 2 people

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think in Scotland you can only get the Medtronic Minimed 640g.

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wee update for all y'all that replied.. i met with my pump nurse today and i am indeed getting a minimed 640g :D very happy with that! I'm getting it next friday .. very excited

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Wee update for all y'all that replied.. i met with my pump nurse today and i am indeed getting a minimed 640g :D very happy with that! I'm getting it next friday .. very excited

Excited for you, hope it all goes well :)