What's the best thing for dry, itchy skin?

oak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
being told what to do without the full picture
Some of the preperations for dry skin do not have UV protection so be careful in the sun.

I have found something called DermaSray by a company called salcura.
It is free from:- steroids, hormones, sortisones, peroxides, alcohol, parabens, antibiotics and is not tested on animals
It is reccommneded for: eczma, psoriasis, dermatitis, dry skin and itchy skin.
it is expensive, but after all the lotions and potions from the GP including specially mixed creams it is the only thing that works for me, I am allergic to something in E45.
As it is a spray it does not initiate the 'itch' response when rubbing in creams.
As we absorb chemicals through our skin it is good to know that it is gluten, nut, soya and dairy free.
Basically its a complex formula of naturally occuring plant oils
www.salcuraskincare.com

xx

Reactions: 2 people

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spiteful people, noisy naughty kids
I have Derma lotion to use instead of shower gel. This works well for me

oak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
being told what to do without the full picture
I have Derma lotion to use instead of shower gel. This works well for me

Who makes Derma Lotion? would be interested in exploring it? do you know if it contains lanolin?
Cheers

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aqueous cream doesn't,t have lanolin in it but e45 does so be careful with that one. You can also put aqueous into bath water. I like Shea butter but you might need to check the labels as some have lanolin in them

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use organic Extra Virgin coconut oil as a moisturiser. Naturally antibacterial and antifungal and no nasty chemicals whatsoever. Obviously it doesn't have sunscreen so I use it at night before bed and in the morning after my shower. Makes an amazing difference to my skin.

JMW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've found the Hemp range from the Body Shop really good. I have the hand cream (in a tube) which really makes a difference to my hands, unlike so many other creams I've tried. It's not cheap but its often on offer so I get it then. I also have a Hemp butter which I use for my body.

For itching, I use aloe vera gel by Banana Boat. I find it really soothing. It moisturises too, but I generally put extra moisturiser on after its soaked in as my skin is quite dry.

JMW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion! It used to do a very good job of softening and soothing my dry, itchy skin. Actually, I used to get very dry, itchy skin on my hands around the fall and sometimes in the winter, for years. And now, I get very dry, itchy skin on my hands in the spring and summer! And, unfortunately, the Aveeno doesn't work quite as well, anymore. :-( I used to put it on before bed and by morning, my hands were plump and moist and ready to go. It even helped me sleep, it really is calming! Knocked me out! It's just not the same for me, anymore. I was hoping someone might know of something that could help my dry, itchy skin. Preferably unscented, but if it smells like cucumbers, I'm not against it, either! Please let me know -- it's really getting on my nerves! Thanks in advance!
I am late coming in on this conversation. I had the same difficulty as you. I found that the organic coconut oil is tops. I also tried it a week before on my lower arms. After 6 days they were noticeably smoother. good luck to you.

sueCarroll

I use organic Extra Virgin coconut oil as a moisturiser. Naturally antibacterial and antifungal and no nasty chemicals whatsoever. Obviously it doesn't have sunscreen so I use it at night before bed and in the morning after my shower. Makes an amazing difference to my skin.
Thanks, where do I get this from? Sounds good