Medtronic MiniMed 640G System

ConsultingTimeLordElf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Spicey, where are you going on holiday? I went on a holiday persay during my early days on pump in some pretty extreme conditions so if you have any questions ask away I'll be happy to answer them

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Hi Spicey, where are you going on holiday? I went on a holiday persay during my early days on pump in some pretty extreme conditions so if you have any questions ask away I'll be happy to answer them

Hi, I'm only going to Lanzarote for 11 nights which is great because they are in same time zone as UK which is handy! ;-) I have been reading other users experience of using pumps whilst on holiday and it all looks pretty positive. Obviously I will try and keep pump in shade and in it's Frio pouch if I'm sun bathing. I also have a letter to travel through airport security with too.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Okay, so all our computers at home are on Windows 10 and apparently Carelink aren't up to date with their software and it can only be used on Windows 8 or older?!!! Oh dear!! It's a good job we have an ancient laptop somewhere in the attic that we're going to have to dig out! Urgh!!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Okay, so all our computers at home are on Windows 10 and apparently Carelink aren't up to date with their software and it can only be used on Windows 8 or older?!!! Oh dear!! It's a good job we have an ancient laptop somewhere in the attic that we're going to have to dig out! Urgh!!
Shortly after I got my first pump, my husband decided to upgrade our computer and settled on a Mac. It was only when I tried to upload to Carelink that I realised there was a problem. At that time, we couldn't upload using a Mac, so I had to use our ancient laptop which took an eternity to switch on never mind do anything!

Reactions: 2 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes, not the best really, surely they can keep their software up to date?! :-/

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Really? Mine doesnt! :-(

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Panic not, my amazing techy hubby has got it working on Windows 10! Woohoo! :) :)

Reactions: 6 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Been to speak with nurse this morning, she has tweaked my basal setting again so am on more during night as it seems to start rising in early hours and then leaves me a bit on high side during the rest of the morning. Lots more tweaking to be done but we will get there I'm sure. ;-) She has a free transmitter for me too so will go on CGM when I get back from holiday. I have to self fund the sensors though.

Reactions: 4 people

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Been to speak with nurse this morning, she has tweaked my basal setting again so am on more during night as it seems to start rising in early hours and then leaves me a bit on high side during the rest of the morning. Lots more tweaking to be done but we will get there I'm sure. ;-) She has a free transmitter for me too so will go on CGM when I get back from holiday. I have to self fund the sensors though.

Oooh expensive :(

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yep, to be honest I won't be using them too often, just to see what my basal patterns are doing to start with if I'm honest. I just can't afford to run it all the time!! :-( My DSN has one free sensor for me which came with the pump as a deal which is good. ;-)

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm off on my jolly hols on Thursday morning, been attached to pump for 15 days so I'm a little nervous about travelling but got my letter and can call my DSN at any time so I'm sure I'll be fine. She's given me a load of temp supplies (quick sets with 9mm cannulas & some larger sized reservoirs) due to my 1st Medtronic delivery not turning up yet. Fingers crossed my Mios & smaller reservoirs turn up in post tomorrow! ;-) Used a 9mm cannula tonight for 1st time (only used 6mm so far) and then had a mini panic about how much to fill cannula with! Lol! Luckily I found instructions in my book! ;-)

Reactions: 6 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Some of the DSN,s are great, known mine for erm 17 years and bless her she is wonderful. Makes you all the happier when you have one that you know well etc

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
My Diabetic unit are very average, used to be fantastic now not so....

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hello from Lanzarote! Got through airport security with no problems on way here which was great! ;-) Unfortunately I seem to be getting a sore throat! :-( I am SO happy with my levels on the pump though. Have had to reduce my rates on first day here as kept having hypos (think excitement/stress & heat played a large part!). I'm guessing my levels will go up a bit now I'm sick but will keep a close eye. Just off for some breakfast now. ;-) Oh and yes, I love Jan my DSN, she is brilliant! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: