Birthday carbfest - surprising results

KittyKatty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So it's my birthday this week and I've taken the week off work. I've decided not to have any cake as I've lost my craving for cakes, chocolate etc. However I have treated myself to loads of crunchy potato in a shepherds pie, also some bloomer and butter, vanilla ice cream and yesterday in a gastropub I also had a bun with my burger and polished off the fries and ketchup too.

I spaced these carbs over 3 days. And in those 3 days I've been sluggish and tired during the day, I can't sleep properly at night (hence my early hours post) and I am massively hungry all the time. I even feel peckish now.

In short, I feel exactly how I did pre diagnosis, which is not good.:hungover:

I am back on the healthy stuff tomorrow. This "treat" has not been a treat at all.

Reactions: 8 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a good lesson to remember if you're tempted again in the future :)

The equivalent of a carb hangover maybe ;)

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So it's my birthday this week and I've taken the week off work. I've decided not to have any cake as I've lost my craving for cakes, chocolate etc. However I have treated myself to loads of crunchy potato in a shepherds pie, also some bloomer and butter, vanilla ice cream and yesterday in a gastropub I also had a bun with my burger and polished off the fries and ketchup too.

I spaced these carbs over 3 days. And in those 3 days I've been sluggish and tired during the day, I can't sleep properly at night (hence my early hours post) and I am massively hungry all the time. I even feel peckish now.

In short, I feel exactly how I did pre diagnosis, which is not good.:hungover:

I am back on the healthy stuff tomorrow. This "treat" has not been a treat at all.

Sometimes our bodies give us the messages loud and clear!!

Just on an aside, the dates in your signature are all 2014, including two from June, with scores of 97 and 31. I'm assuming the 31 should be June 2015? It makes no difference to me, but I just tend to notice these things.

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been there done that and I can relate to what you are saying. It makes you wonder how you ever managed before and it is definitely good that your body still reminds you that you are heading down the wrong track again. Happy birthday, hopefully getting back on track will make you feel better. :D