Trying so willfully to come off T2DM

waleed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUbeliefs ,although I used the word Faith, are based on credible scientific research. I am not religious too and in fact this is why i strongly believe in the human body ability to heal itself. It is already proven that bariatric surgery and acute caloric restriction do reverse T2DM in most of the cases. But it is not known why it doesn't work in all the cases. My contribution towards solving this puzzle is calling to remove visceral fat by reducing physiological insulin level to the lowest possible by going on zero carbs diet and removing insulin secreting medications. Please remember that this is not a professional medical advice but merely a sharing of a personal opinion.
"satindoll, post: 968798, member: 121584"]Hi @waleed

Well done on your weight loss.
I am not a religious person but do not pooh pooh your beliefs, and am fully aware of the comfort such beliefs' bring to people, but I have to tell you that your beliefs will not "cure" you of diabetes, unfortunately there is no cure at the moment other than an organ transplant, I too am T2 on insulin and have lost weight and reduced my insulin needs accordingly, but the bottom line is without my insulin I would be in deep trouble and possibly I would turn up at the pearly gates sooner that I would like.
Once dead the insulin producing islets are gone and unlike Lazarus they cannot be resurrected.[/QUOTE]
My beli

lynne99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I must tell you this anecdote from my late mother in law, who lived on a farm in her childhood in the 1920s. If they wanted to fatten a pig for market, then the starved it (very much reduced rations) for a few weeks and then it piled on the weight.
Just a thought to consider.

Reactions: 8 people

lynne99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I would also like to know what your ZERO carbs diet consists of. I'm nosey sorry.

waleed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sharing my story on this platform because I need support from all of you. So please do be nosey as much as you can. First your comments about feeding the pig lack
The full details of the diet so it's difficult to derive any conclusion based on available data.
As for my diet now. I am having 3 boiled eggs for breakfast. 100 grams of meat for lunch and dinner. By meat I mean either chicken, beef, liver, or fish. In between meals I keep drinking all kind of sugar free drinks.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diabetes is becoming an epidemic in our days much more than a hundred years ago. It even existed in ancient egyption times. But the reason why it is becoming an epidemic is most certainly due to highly processed foods specially white flour bread and corn syrup in addition to the fact that human consumption of oils have gone 8 fold.
You have the usual affliction of the "diet-causes-and-cures-everything" blinkered crew.

Not one mention of physical activity.

And diabetes, like cancer is epidemic nowadays because people don't die earlier of bacterial or even viral disease as they used to until the twentieth-century innovations of antibiotics and inoculations. In other words, we live long enough to get these "modern" diseases.

Reactions: 4 people

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Both eggs & liver have carbs in them. Are you not eating any vegetables at all either?

Smartie xx

waleed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
="RuthW, post: 969372, member: 148713"]You have the usual affliction of the "diet-causes-and-cures-everything" blinkered crew.

And diabetes, like cancer is epidemic nowadays because people don't die earlier of bacterial or even viral disease as they used to until the twentieth-century innovations of antibiotics and inoculations. In other words, we live long enough to get these "modern" diseases.[/QUOTE]
The fact that we live long enough to contract new illnesses doesn't mean that we cannot. At least, try to combat them. Diabetes is more prevalent in rich countries and is not associated with how long people live.

waleed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUO and liver have traces of carbs . I can live with that. TE="smartlady, post: 969382, member: 77055"]Both eggs & liver have carbs in them. Are you not eating any vegetables at all either?

Smartie xx
[/QUOTE]
Eggs

waleed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My bg reading today is 126 , 4 hours after breakfast. Weight 63 kg. Waistline 81 cm.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Really?
That is fascinating.
My mother has been a severe dieter all her life, and guess what, underactive thyroid.
Do you have any links?
I'll try and find it. It was on fb by hyperthyroidism mum.

Reactions: 2 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if this can be read here but i'll give it a try.

http://paleoleap.com/thyroid-a-paleo-introduction/

Section where low carbs and starvation is an interesting read.
So sad low carbing is completely misunderstood or rather, that the oh so common mistake is made that we need to eat carbs to fuel our brains and bodies. Granted, if you go from a diet high in carbs to one with minimal amounts of carbs without upping fat intake you will end in starvation mode but that's not very sensible, is it?

My experience is the complete opposite. On LCHF and in my case the HF is taken very seriously, I could cut down on my thyroid meds, possibly because LCHF lowers inflammation including autoimmune attacks on the thyroid gland.

Reactions: 7 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So sad low carbing is completely misunderstood or rather, that the oh so common mistake is made that we need to eat carbs to fuel our brains and bodies. Granted, if you go from a diet high in carbs to one with minimal amounts of carbs without upping fat intake you will end in starvation mode but that's not very sensible, is it?

My experience is the complete opposite. On LCHF and in my case the HF is taken very seriously, I could cut down on my thyroid meds, possibly because LCHF lowers inflammation including autoimmune attacks on the thyroid gland.
Totto have you also got underactive thyroid?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
="RuthW, post: 969372, member: 148713"]You have the usual affliction of the "diet-causes-and-cures-everything" blinkered crew.

And diabetes, like cancer is epidemic nowadays because people don't die earlier of bacterial or even viral disease as they used to until the twentieth-century innovations of antibiotics and inoculations. In other words, we live long enough to get these "modern" diseases.
The fact that we live long enough to contract new illnesses doesn't mean that we cannot. At least, try to combat them. Diabetes is more prevalent in rich countries and is not associated with how long people live.
Diabetes is associated with how long people live, in the sense that when average life expectancy was 30 years, there wasn't a lot of T2 diabetes. T2 usually comes about after many years of insulin resistance/glucose intolerance.

waleed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carbing has many advantages. So does low fat diets. Although I think low carbing is essential in treating T2DM, I am not really a proponent of either school of dieting. I would logically deduce that low carbs diet is good for diabetic people, while low fat is better for cardiovascular patients. The bottom line is, if you're neither you should eat moderately as close as possible to natural unprocessed food.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

The fact that we live long enough to contract new illnesses doesn't mean that we cannot. At least, try to combat them. Diabetes is more prevalent in rich countries and is not associated with how long people live.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that isn't true. Diabetes is extremely prevalent all over Africa nowadays, amongst the poor as well as the rich. Epidemiologically, it is associated with urbanization. Urbanization has effects on both diet (more refined carbohydrate and less vegetables), but also on levels of activity. People move from a rural environment, where much of the year they are working physically from eight to twelve hours per DAY, to an environment where unit suddenly seems hard to get that much exercise in a WEEK.

waleed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are 100 percent correct. I may have rushed into saying "rich, while the proper phrase is " processed carbs rich" countries.
And Yes, low activity plays a big factor in causing the condition.