Trembling !!!

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After posting for the first time several weeks ago after being diagnosed type 2 and straight on Meds
As my Habc1 was 69, I'm glad to say that I totally transformed my diet ,i have lost 2 stones, my Doc is
Now happy for me to not start Metformin ( habc1 showing at 53 last blood test) with a re test in Jan ,
So all good there,....but I have had extreme tiredness sleeping in until 11 am ,I also remember waking
At some point and had a strange feeling of what I can only describe as a internal trembling feeling,
It didn't last for long and I must of fell asleep straight after, also had really strange vivid dreams the past 2
Nights one dream involving snipers on a roof top.....ha ha , strange I know !!!!! Is it possible any of this
Is to do with my diabetes , must add I'm being checked out for anemia which I know causes tiredness .

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done for the weight loss and getting your HbA1c down so much.
Can't say I've had any vivid dreams since being diagnosed, my dreams must be quite boring because I don't remember them.
I'm not sleeping longer either, so perhaps it is the aenemia.

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done for the weight loss and getting your HbA1c down so much.
Can't say I've had any vivid dreams since being diagnosed, my dreams must be quite boring because I don't remember them.
I'm not sleeping longer either, so perhaps it is the aenemia.

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Prem51... Not sure if it's my glucose levels being too low or too high, I remember reading on here
About someone else having vivid dreams .

MaryCanary

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had the trembling when I wake up. It only started a couple of months ago and I was diagnosed last month. Maybe it is related - like a hypo or something?

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Extreme tiredness can be indicative of a B12 deficiency so it may be worth having your levels checked - particularly if you ever took metformin as that can deplete it.

As to the internal trembling - I've heard many peri & menopausal women experience something like that so it could be your hormones maybe?

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The internal trembling may be due to your body adjusting to the lower BS levels. If you are able to test when it happens you might get a clearer picture.

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for all your replies, having full bloods test soon, so see what that may show.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re tiredness: what's your diet like now? If you've cut down drastically on carbs, are you eating a bit more fat to replace them? You need to do this because your body needs either carbs or alternatively fat for energy.

Robbity

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re tiredness: what's your diet like now? If you've cut down drastically on carbs, are you eating a bit more fat to replace them? You need to do this because your body needs either carbs or alternatively fat for energy.

Robbity

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Robbity thanks for your reply , yes I have cut the carbs right down and the fats too,
Typically my diet now mainly consists of ...porridge for breakfast with a little honey,
Luch ....Greek yogurt , small amount of nut/seeds again a little honey...evening
Meal ....salmon, vegetables with a small portion of noodles or homemade soups, chicken
and barley soup, parsnip soup etc, and with evening cup of tea I have a rice cake
With a thin spread of peanut butter .

alisonbigbird

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am very newly pre diabetic at 47mmol. I cannot lose any weight despite being on metformin and cutting all sugar out and exercising hard. How can you live on so little food? I only eat when i am truly hungry and cutting down too much just makes me feel really ill.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks Prem51... Not sure if it's my glucose levels being too low or too high, I remember reading on here
About someone else having vivid dreams .

That's me!
I have really weird dreams and when my blood glucose levels where fluctuating, it was worse!
But I suppose that it could be anything that's giving you the dreams. It is always worse when my temperature was higher than normal, just like kids see pictures in wallpaper!

But I'm weird!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am very newly pre diabetic at 47mmol. I cannot lose any weight despite being on metformin and cutting all sugar out and exercising hard. How can you live on so little food? I only eat when i am truly hungry and cutting down too much just makes me feel really ill.

I live on between 6-8 small meals a day all very low carb, and I have lost over approaching five stones in just over two years. Before low carb lifestyle, I continually slowly but surely gained weight!

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi There, I was diagnosed in June of this year at 69 mmol and prescribed Metformin and statins as my cholesterol
Was high too, really didn't want to start the Metformin as I wanted to take control of my Diabetes after having breast cancer 15 years ago and a benign brain tumour 2 years ago which I had removed and a small metal plate inserted , both of these I had no control over and through no fault of my own, so the Diabetes I could control so much so I have lost 2 stone and my Doc is happy for me not to start Metformin and will be reviewed again in January , the statins she insists I start but I'm holding back with those for a couple of weeks as I have a holiday coming up and don't want to suffer side effects whilst on holiday .

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's me!
I have really weird dreams and when my blood glucose levels where fluctuating, it was worse!
But I suppose that it could be anything that's giving you the dreams. It is always worse when my temperature was higher than normal, just like kids see pictures in wallpaper!

But I'm weird!
Ha ha, think I'm weird too, some of these dreams I have had , have no rhyme or reason .

Reactions: 2 people

Cupcake123.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I live on between 6-8 small meals a day all very low carb, and I have lost over approaching five stones in just over two years. Before low carb lifestyle, I continually slowly but surely gained weight!
Well done you, I have managed to lose 2 stones since June, slowly but surely is the best way to do it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

If you cut the carbs right down you do need to increase the fats accordingly or you may well feel ill and hungry. It is carbs that make you fat, not fats. It is a fine balancing act to get it right but it is necessary. Instead of low fat products change back to full fat real products such as butter, cheese, FF yogurts, cream, real mayonnaise, plenty of eggs, olive oil, avocados and so on. The fats will fill you up and provide you with the energy you lose by cutting carbs. This is a good way of eating to reduce sugar levels and also to lose weight. I lost 4 and a half stone eating this way and brought my blood sugar levels right down. It is also a satisfying diet and one that can be sustained. Perhaps you could give it a try? It is called low carb higher fat (LCHF) and there are millions of threads on here about it.

MaryCanary

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I woke up with that trembling again this morning. It didn't take me long to realise that in fact I was ill, with labyrinthitis, and an ear, nose and throat infection. Last time I had it I was also ill with cellulitis. So I am going to put it down to having a temperature rather than anything to do with low blood sugar. Hope you find your answer.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on your weight loss and quick control of your sugar levels. :) Although if you are getting that trembling feeling, always test on your meter to see what your blood sugar is doing... not a good idea to not check. If your sugar is in normal range, then you've obviously had sufficient energy intake with your diet.... if not, then your diet would likely need adjusting. For me trembling/shaking is usually one of my first signs of a hypo. I also have other health issues that cause fatigue. I have problems with iron too because I don't absorb it, so my ferritin level keeps falling too low. I have to get iron infusions every couple of years or so. I'm feeling exhausted at the moment, and it's possible I'm due another infusion since my last one was May 2013... I'm waiting for test result.