What a shock

Fuggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you roast them in the oven with a thick slice of cheddar cheese melted (some times also a few dots of strong blue cheese) on top with a crisp green salad ..yummm .. I also love a plate of (cooked) leeks with cauliflower and courgette ribbons with a mustard & cheese sauce on top of a bed of steamed spring greens or kale. yummmmm.. I also have a frititittater its in my blog here .. like a quiche but no base ... again with cole slaw (home made with extra olive oil).. some times mix curry powder and a tiny amount of mango chutney to make a curry cole slaw .. Spagbol (for two).. Aubergine, courgette, onion and a good mix of mushrooms, cooked with a tin of tomatoes with a bay leaf and bouquet garni and a bit of garlic to taste .. add a good glug of olive oil just before serving and top with greated cheese and a fresh salad.
Enjoy your food ..mix it up and as the wife says .. nothings out of bounds .. just the size of the meal will be influenced by the carb content ... she is often seen in the kitchen with a set of scales in one hand and a calculator in the other !!!

Starting to drool reading this. I have to be a bit careful with some greens, especially leeks are they are high sulfur foods and give me big problems with my mercury toxicity [from my amalgams, now gone] http://www.dentalwellness4u.com/layperson/symptoms.html
but generally if I am sensible with amounts I am ok.
Thanks for those suggestions, will definitely try them...

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
no problem .. just as tasty without the leeks .. how about red peppers instead ... now I am hungry !

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe and @Avocado Sevenfold once discussed the most amazing spiced/curried cauli dish. I am afraid I can't remember the details, but it was roasted whole, with yog and spices, and came out looking like one of Frankenstein's science experiments.

I have always wanted to try it, but managed to lose the link to the recipe before I did...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe and @Avocado Sevenfold once discussed the most amazing spiced/curried cauli dish. I am afraid I can't remember the details, but it was roasted whole, with yog and spices, and came out looking like one of Frankenstein's science experiments.

I have always wanted to try it, but managed to lose the link to the recipe before I did...

The "original" was this one: http://www.purewow.com/entry_detail/recipe/8821/Forget-florets--roast-the-whole-****-cauliflower.htm However, if you ask Dr Google for "roasted whole cauliflower" there are a huge number of variants. In fact, doing just that reawakened my curious its to do it again, with different flavours.

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The "original" was this one: http://www.purewow.com/entry_detail/recipe/8821/Forget-florets--roast-the-whole-****-cauliflower.htm However, if you ask Dr Google for "roasted whole cauliflower" there are a huge number of variants. In fact, doing just that reawakened my curious its to do it again, with different flavours.
Yes the wife has a version of this ... its lovely