Dizziness

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
Hi Can anyone tell me if they are getting dizzy spells I have had these a while on and off and it scares me .

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well that's how I was diagnosed with diabetes. Are your bs levels under control?

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
Well that's how I was diagnosed with diabetes. Are your bs levels under control?
I don't have a clue they said I don't need a machine the last test before metformin was 8.4

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Best advice lynn is to buy a codefree meter, the strips are £6 for 50, google it. You need to reduce your carbs so your levels come down. My hba1c was similar to yours when I was diagnosed. Who would have thought dizziness would equate to diabetes!

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
Best advice lynn is to buy a codefree meter, the strips are £6 for 50, google it. You need to reduce your carbs so your levels come down. My hba1c was similar to yours when I was diagnosed. Who would have thought dizziness would equate to diabetes!
I think my sugar must be quite high at the moment im feeling dizzy palpitations headache

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed the same way - I experienced dizziness (especially 2 hours or so after breakfast, and again in the early evening as I was going home from work), together with heart palpitations, sweatiness, brain fog, almost falling asleep after a meal.

All that's gone after I got my sugar levels down and kept them under control. I've no illusions that they would return if I lost control though

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was diagnosed the same way - I experienced dizziness (especially 2 hours or so after breakfast, and again in the early evening as I was going home from work), together with heart palpitations, sweatiness, brain fog, almost falling asleep after a meal.

All that's gone after I got my sugar levels down and kept them under control. I've no illusions that they would return if I lost control though

Your fasting blood glucose levels are in the normal range as is your hba1c.
Do you test after the two hour time and when you feel dizzy, do you test then?

Klangley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think my sugar must be quite high at the moment im feeling dizzy palpitations headache

Palpitations I recognise as part of my symptoms....not dizziness, although that does seem a common symptom. 9 weeks low carb diet and all that is a thing of the past. You need to get a meter and test as dawnmc suggested.

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
Got my machine and very easy to use. I still feel dizzy just tested 2 hours after eating and it's 5.5 which is great, this morning was 8.8 so I guess beans on toast was good for me lol.

Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my machine and very easy to use. I still feel dizzy just tested 2 hours after eating and it's 5.5 which is great, this morning was 8.8 so I guess beans on toast was good for me lol.
Hi @lynn007 can I ask if you are on statins?