• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by Annb

  1. Annb

    "What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

    The last of the puffed spelt cereal for breakfast, but there wasn't much of it so I finished off with 2 lentil cakes with vegetable pate. Tea. I have some more of the sausage casserole to use up, but at the moment I don't feel as though I'll be ready to eat it before my deadline of 7pm. So I...
  2. Annb

    What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

    Just had a call from the hospital asking me to go to the Opthalmology clinic next week. At last! Actually, perhaps I'm too suspicious, but I am thinking that the optician failed to refer me at first because when I phoned last week to find out, I was told that, yes, the referral had been made...
  3. Annb

    What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

    Can't say that I've ever heard of Carrot Sunday, Ian. Neither here on the Islands, nor in the Central belt where we used to live. Eyes have recovered a bit, but they don't feel as though they'll last very long. I sorted out our cleaning cupboard a couple of days ago and cleared out lots of...
  4. Annb

    "What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

    Some more of the puffed spelt with milk for breakfast. Tea. 2nd meal will be some more of the sausage casserole from yesterday. The flavour was a bit underwhelming so I'll have to do something to perk it up a bit.
  5. Annb

    What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

    6.9 at 03.15 today. My eyes are already tired and sore - just with reading a few e-mails and posts, so I'm giving up on that for now. I really need new glasses, but until the opthalmologist has seen me, the optician is not willing to make new glasses for me. A bit annoyed at my eyes for doing...
  6. Annb

    What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

    I've reached the stage, Ian where I can acknowledge my faults - once I see them - and try to stop making the same mistakes. Not too many years left to get it right - not in this world anyway.
  7. Annb

    "What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

    Hope the packing goes well today and that the holiday is a wonderful one. Breakfast: I'm using up the puffed spelt. It's not use for anything that I can see, other than a breakfast cereal. I shan't buy it again, but it was worth a try. 2nd meal will be sausage casserole. The sausages are...
  8. Annb

    What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

    In my last year lecturing at our local college, I made a sign which said "My patience was legendary. Now, it is mythical." It was a joke, but it was fairly accurate. I've just realized that yesterday's Zoom meeting was an example of that. It was my lack of patience that was more at fault...
  9. Annb

    What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

    Oh that was heavy going! One young man managed to dominate the whole meeting by repeating the same question over and over. Lots of people trying to give him an answer but he just wasn't getting it. Chaotic! I don't like chaos. And I have another Zoom meeting this afternoon, but it should be...
  10. Annb

    What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

    5.9 at 04.00 today. Back later. I have to get onto a Zoom meeting.
  11. Annb

    "What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

    Not only sold with innards - feathers too. Plucking was a job I hated! Not that we had chicken often - that was very much only for Christmas dinner. One scrawny bird, with innards and feathers was fine the way my mother cooked it (too scrawny to roast) for four of us. Chicken stock and...
  12. Annb

    "What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

    Lots of offal is what I remember from our 50s/60s diet. Bread and potatoes, of course (best part of the meals as far as I was concerned). Not many fruits or vegetables available back then. I remember long queues at the greengrocers when word went round that they had some fresh veg in. I also...
  13. Annb

    "What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

    Didn't bother making a 2nd meal. Just had a lentil cake (Kallo, like rice cake but made of lentil), Quite pleasant just as it is with no topping. I bought some cans of 100% coconut water from Amazon to have something different available when I want coffee but can't have it. It really isn't...
  14. Annb

    "What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

    Tartex on a thin slice of wholemeal bread for breakfast. It filled a need but |I didn't enjoy it. The last bit just wouldn't go down properly. That's not unusual but has become more common since I've been on this weight loss pill. Had to have quite a lot of water to get it to go down. DIL...
  15. Annb

    What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

    Just ignored the fact that I had eaten carb 4 hours into the fast and just took the pill at 02.50 today. BG was 5.1 at that stage. I'll have to try a different timing tomorrow. Maybe I'll make the 8 hour break from 08.00 to 16.00 and see how that works. EDIT: Thinking again about how my days...
Back
Top